Senior Revenue Accountant
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world’s leading entertainment and sports agency, with 22 global offices, including Los Angeles, New York, London, Munich and Beijing. Founded in 1975, CAA represents many of the most successful professionals working in film, television, music, theatre, video games, sport, and digital content, and provides a range of wide strategic marketing and consulting services to corporate clients. We are uniquely positioned to help brands across all aspects of ‘pop culture.
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA’s diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organisations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations.
Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for nine consecutive years, CAA represents more than 3,000 of the world’s top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, and soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, executive search, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
Our Finance department is looking for a new Revenue Accountant to join their team. They will report into the Financial Controller and work very closely with the Sports Commercial teams (Property Sales, Talent Sales, Executive Search and Brand Consulting) on client billing, tracking revenue and credit control. The role will require someone who is proactive, organised and is able to meet deadlines.
- Review of client contracts to ascertain timing of service delivery and ensure appropriate revenue recognition in the correct period.
- Regular meetings with Commercial Teams (Property sales, Talent sales, Executive Search and Brand Consulting) to review the revenue billing trackers.
- Monthly meetings with Brand Consulting account leads to ensure that activation costs are allocated to the correct projects codes and to ensure the projects are tracking in line with budget.
- Provide support in the budgeting and re-forecast process.
- Client billings for Sports Commercial teams (Property Sales, Talent Sales, Executive Search and Brand Consulting) based on booking reports and the client contracts.
- Responding to billing queries for Sports Commercial teams.
- Liaising with the Sports Commercial teams and updating the revenue billing trackers (Property Sales, Talent Sales, Executive Search and Brand Consulting)
- Working closely with the Sports Finance Business Partner.
- Reconciling the revenue billing trackers (Property Sales, Talent Sales, Executive Search and Brand Consulting) to revenue reported in the accounting system (AX).
- Providing bi-weekly credit control reports to be reviewed with the Financial Controller (FC) and Finance Director (FD) and Sports Commercial Teams to minimise the value/volume of overdue invoices.
- Running effective credit control process to ensure that invoices are collected in line with agreed payment terms.
- Tracking cash collections from customers in line with the credit control policy, including requesting remittance advice for the allocation of cash receipts.
- Posting cash receipts to customer subledger accounts in the accounting system based on remittance advice.
- Proactively escalating aged accounts receivable balances to the Sports Commercial teams (Property Sales, Talent Sales, Executive Search and Brand Consulting) and Business Affairs for additional support with cash collections.
- Calculating the bad debt provision for aged receivable balances and customers with collectability issues in line with company policy for each month end close.
- Reconciling the aged accounts receivable report to the general ledger for each month end close
- Preparing bank reconciliations for the 6 bank accounts (operating and client) on monthly basis (at a minimum).
- Providing monthly Concur exception reporting to Sports Commercial teams to ensure that expense claims are submitted in a timely manner.
- Active involvement in the completion of balance sheet reconciliations and revenue analysis as part of the month end reporting process.
- Assist the Financial Controller with ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field / Basic Accounting qualification.
- Newly qualified/Part-qualified Accountant.
- Strong understanding of a full revenue recognition process from order to cash collection.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Proactive problem solving ability with interest in further development within the organisation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential as the role involves dealing with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate strong stakeholder management skill.
- Ability to be a team player with a conscientious and motivated attitude.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 useful, but training will be given.
- An interest in sports would be useful, but is not a requirement.