Senior Project Manager
JLE Japan is looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead its team of Account Managers and Staff Bookers to deliver staffing services for the Tokyo Olympics & Paralympics 2020. You will support and guide the team in recruiting, training and overseeing operations of over 1000 staff for hospitality and catering programmes.
The contract is to start ASAP (early February at the latest) and finish at the end of September 2020.
About the company:
JLE Japan is an international staffing and events agency currently working on projects for a number of international sporting events in Tokyo and across Japan. We are one of the official staffing provider for a number of major international events across the world, with 5 full-time staff (-2 Managing Directors, 2 Junior PMs and 1 Event Admin-), overseeing over 500 temporary staff in Japan. We are a young and dynamic team of international event professionals, with an in-depth knowledge of our industry and host locations, always going above and beyond for both our clients and staff. We are an equal opportunity organisation, constantly on the lookout for talented event professionals in Japan with a keen interest in people, events, hospitality and staff management with impeccable professionalism and resourceful personality.
JLE Japan are currently looking for an experienced, creative and highly organised Senior Project Manager to oversee the exponential growth of our agency with a specific focus on the Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Paralympics. We are looking for an adaptable and pro-active individual with extensive experience in recruitment, staffing and event management. You will need to have the unique ability of bringing out the best out of your team, both supporting and learning from them, constantly raising the bar while offering the necessary guidance. Multi-tasking skills are a must, as well as the ability to work in highly pressured environment with demanding targets and limited resources. You will have a high level of attention to detail and a can-do attitude with knowledge spanning from marketing to business development, communication, recruitment and event management. Most importantly you must be a highly organised individual, proficient in Excel, scheduling software, creating, implementing and streamlining processes, keeping track of multiple projects, accounts and deadlines at once. This is a unique opportunity to take the helm of a young a vibrant agency at a very exciting stage of its life, working with all the major brands and agencies on the world’s biggest sports event and an incredible internal support team.
- Office Management: - be responsible for the smooth running of the day to day operations from implementing the overall strategy, respecting deadlines and meeting targets to staff training, budgeting, HR, payroll, contracting, and so on.
- Team Management: - delegate suitable tasks to each team member while offering the necessary support and guidance for the successful completion of each tasks by the required deadline.
- Temporary Workforce: - you will be in charge of growing our current workforce to over 1000 premium bilingual event staff available for various roles during the Olympics and throughout the year.
- Portfolio: - strengthen and develop current client portfolio for the Olympics but equally for other opportunities of new business all year round.
- Social Media – design and drive the implementation of our social media campaign to build the company’s profile both for current and potential clients and to attract new candidates for our temporary workforce.
- Website – coordinate the graphic design with external suppliers, ensure its relevance and keep it up to date both in English and Japanese.
- Application forms – designing and implementing appropriate google forms in English and Japanese for data collection purposes.
- Candidates coordination
- Design and supervise assessment sessions, interviews, training and any other candidate communications as necessary
- Data collection for candidates
- Drafting appropriate communications
- Designing and implementing an efficient and within-budget recruitment campaign throughout selected channels
- Drafting appropriate communications to candidates and ensuring engaging and motivational content
- Report on a regular basis to Directors
Skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 Major Sports Events (OG, FWC, RWC, UEFA, ATP, etc.) at management level
- Extensive experience in recruitment and training of large number of staff (over 500)
- Project Management skillset essential: planning, reporting, scheduling, financial structuring, training manuals, etc.
- Strong relationship-builder (current and new accounts)
- Ability to run high-profile presentations
- Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Google Forms
- New technologies (design&scheduling software, apps, social media, etc.)
- Flexible, adaptable and organised
- High level of attention to detail
- Outgoing personality
- Previous experience using Wix.com and/or Liveforce a bonus
- Sport or Event Management degree an advantage
- Notions of Japanese a bonus
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a brief overview of why you are applying for this position as well as outlining your relevant skills and experience, via the apply button below.
This is a 8/9-month contract.
Salary - Competitive
- Return international flight
- Support with Visa application
Location – Tokyo, Japan