Senior Manager (m/f/d) Digital Technology
In 2025, the Rhine Ruhr Metropolitan Region will welcome around 10.000 athletes from about 170 countries. The FISU World University Games are one of the world's biggest multi-sport events and represent the Olympic Games for students during their academic careers.
Sports meets science
The innovative and participatory concept allows the topics of sustainability, education and culture to meet sports and science. There is potential in here.
We meet you
Together with you we want to use the potential of this multi-sport event and plan and set up a thrilling sports event. Let's set a milestone in german sports history. Become part of the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) on the common journey to the World University Games and organize and execute unforgettable Rhine-Ruhr 2025 FISU World University Games together with us.
To strengthen our team we are looking for the next possible date for a
Senior Manager (m/f/d) Digital Technology
In the implementing company of the Rhine Ruhr 2025 FISU World University Games
Full-time / 40 hours per week / fixed-term contract until autumn 2025.
In our multifunctional team, you will support media in the analysis, conception, proof of concept and implementation of varied digitalization projects and get the opportunity to work "hands-on" on current trend topics in the area fan and athlete engagement and other digital products. This involves diverse and exciting tasks such as evaluating innovative business models, designing a technology roadmap, or building and operating scalable (business) platforms or IoT ecosystems.
If you have a passion for technology and want to see how you can make the consumption of sport better, then we want you. Become a changemaker in our energetic and diverse team. You will be working in mission-critical areas and take over a key role in the RR 2025 digital transformation programs to empower us on our way towards a digital-first event. You will report directly to the CTO.
We would entrust you with the fulfilment of these tasks:
• Technical & organizational management of the team
• Budget and personnel responsibility in the subject area
• In coordination with the direct supervisor, responsibility for the topic area with the following focus areas: o Responsibility for the implementation of strategic digitization projects to advance technology & digitization across platforms and functions.
o Lead projects from beginning to end and track success by time, budget and scope; from definition and set-up through implementation to successful go-live and operations
o Lead the project team, including internal and external partners, using appropriate measures and methodologies
o Design & establish project governance to ensure effective decision making, reporting, and communication among all stakeholders
o Participate in the strategic and content development of the consulting portfolio
o Lead & moderate workshops and meetings
• Serve as the central point of contact within the organization for the topic area
• Coordinate activities required to execute the event and ensure targeted preparation of information for a wide variety of stakeholders
It would be great if you have these skills & knowledge:
• University degree (Master level), ideally in business, management, engineering, IT / computer science, entrepreneurship or innovation.
• Several years of professional experience, ideally in a consulting environment such as digital business or in an automotive/mobility company
• Several years of experience in contributing to and/or leading digital technology projects and extensive knowledge in project management and agile implementation of these
• Profound consulting skills. From strategic thinking and problem-oriented action to effective communication and strong customer orientation, as well as strong organizational and planning skills
• Strong technological knowledge and functional expertise in at least one of the following areas: Business transformation, change management, development of digital services and platforms, roll-out and industrialization
• Relevant practical experience in an agile professional environment and with external partners
• Keywords such as digital strategy, eCommerce, digital & data-driven business, NFTs, metaverse & web3, hyper-personalization, UX & customer experience, change & transformation, data & AI, (Agile) organizational development, Agile project management, process optimization & automation, cloud transformation are not a new territory for you
• Adept at visualizing concepts and process flows
• High affinity for digitalization, know-how across the spectrum of the digital sports market and a good technical understanding
• Knowledge of architectures of integrated technical solutions is an advantage
• Communication skills (also in English)
• Sensitivity to the needs of the participants
• Persuasiveness, assertiveness & organizational skills
• High degree of flexibility and obliging appearance
• Systematic and solution-oriented approach
We are a young & growing organisation in the heart of the Rhine Ruhr Innovation Hub. As one of the first people in the LOC, you will play a leading role in the successful planning and implementation of the games. You will be the basic bricklayer and knowledge carrier for many new colleagues. This is a unique opportunity that only we have in the german sports landscape!
The job is rated at pay group 13 TV L if the personal requirements are met.
Besides a unique team & great emotions, we offer:
• A varied & exciting job with room for creative ideas and your own creative freedom
• A dynamic & growing environment with an open & diverse corporate culture
• Short decision-making processes with teamwork at eye level
• Performance-related remuneration based on TV L with a special annual payment
• Flexible working hours with the possibility for mobile work
• 30 days of vacation per year
• A VRR ÖPNV ticket
• Modern office equipment adapted to the needs of a planning team for a major sports event
We are more than just an ordinary major sporting event. That's why we want you in your uniqueness, just as you are, with all your facets. With us, everyone can be who they want to be and who they are. We welcome every application, regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity. Applications from people with disabilities will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified. As an implementing agency, we strive to specifically promote women for management positions. Therefore, women are strongly encouraged to apply.