Senior Manager / Associate Vice President, Media Partnerships
Reporting directly to the VP Media Partnerships & Commercial Affairs based in Hong Kong, the successful candidate will form part of the Media Sales & Partnerships department, playing a key role during the planning, setup and implementation of all post-sales media partnership processes, whilst also being involved in selected media sales support activities. This includes media partner induction and day-to-day account management as well as full responsibility for selected projects within the media partnerships team.
The role requires a commercially and digital savvy, service-minded and pro-active individual who enjoys working in a complex and dynamic business environment.
- Identify, create and promote opportunities (marketing, promotions, production, commercial, digital/social, brand experience, etc.), to support and consult media partners in fully exploiting and activating their acquired rights.
- Delivery of all contractual rights to media partners at the highest standard.
- Ensure that media partners meet their contractual obligations.
- Work closely with the DF Operations & Production team to ensure the match delivery on competition match days, including satellite and content services, HB production and unilateral production.
- Develop and foster relationships with senior executives and other key contacts from media partners.
- Take a lead role and represent the Media Partnerships department in various cross-department internal processes and projects, working closely with colleagues from Media Sales, Production, Operations, Sponsorship, Business Affairs & Legal, Marketing and Digital.
- Involvement in the development and implementation of an induction process for new and incumbent media partners, including face-to-face/remote workshops/trainings, communications, and guidelines.
- Support the VP Media Partnerships & Commercial Affairs in coordinating and streamlining communication with the AFC regarding media partnership matters.
On-Site Venue Role
- Participation in DF’s on-site match delivery training programme.
- Depending on the candidate’s prior experience and successful training programme participation, assignment to an on-site venue role (broadcast or marketing/commercial) for one of AFC’s national team or club competitions, to ensure the smooth and seamless delivery of the broadcast and commercial concept.
Media Sales Support
- Provide the respective Media Sales lead with updates for and insights in appointed/selected markets.
- Support the Media Sales team in the creation of market plans, sales presentations, and other related documents.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 4-7 years experience in the media rights sector in the sports marketing industry at a broadcaster, digital platform, agency and/or federation.
- Preferably a master’s degree in business administration, media, sports management, or a related discipline.
- Experience in an international broadcaster/client servicing role desirable.
- Solid understanding of broadcast production and match delivery.
- Thorough understanding of the sports media rights landscape.
- Knowledgeable of the latest developments, trends, and dynamics in the sports media industry, including the digital and social media sectors.
- Strong commercial mindset and acumen.
- Experience of working in a high-pressure, rapid-growth environment.
- Strong organisational skills, accurate working style, and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent (ideally native) in English, any additional AFC language is a plus.
- Willingness to travel within Asia and possibly beyond if required.
Attributes & Qualities Desired
- Outstanding client servicing mentality.
- Team-player attitude.
- Creative mindset with the ambition to steadily improve the status quo.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing media (rights) landscape.
- You are comfortable working to tight deadlines with competing priorities and constant changes without compromising quality.
- You know how to manage complex requirements and have the ability to understand and work with demanding stakeholders/clients.
- You are a professional who is keen to take responsibility for the outcomes of your work.