Senior Manager Analytics & Strategy
As the organiser of some of the biggest and most iconic sport events in the world we lead the way in the sports and event industry.
The Strategic Planning and Analytics team sits within the Sub-Division of Business Affairs & Strategy of the World Cup Division. One of the key responsibilities of this team is to develop strategic and analytical content, utilising business intelligence solutions and models, in order to drive informed decision-making by the World Cup Division's management and across the Division's various functions.
The role of the Senior Manager Analytics & Strategy within this team is to:
- Develop a comprehensive program of business intelligence and data analytics initiatives and projects for the World Cup Division
- Manage, end-to-end, the delivery of business intelligence and data analytics solutions (including the development of financial/valuation and operational tools and modeling) to service the Division
- Work with, and manage, externals to source, cleanse and organise data for the purposes of building business intelligence and data analytics solutions
- Monitor how the solutions developed are utilised by the Division's management and functional areas with a view to optimising the use of BI and analytics
- Support the Business Affairs & Strategy Sub-Division to define and develop business cases, studies and analyses for strategic projects and initiatives
- Support the Director of Business Affairs & Strategy deliver on any other strategic projects which fall within his/her remit from time to time.
How will you shape the role and make it your own?
We work hard at FIFA.
We are dedicated, ambitious and innovative.
And we respect our values. Always.
For all roles, we seek talented people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a global mindset.
The specific competencies we require for this position are:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in any of the following relevant fields: Business administration, Economics or applied finance, Computer or data/information sciences
- Qualifications linked to strategy, analytics and consultancy services are an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business analytics for large organisations. Experience having delivered business analytics for sports organisations is an advantage
- Experience in writing software requirements and test specifications
- Experience using data to drive business decisions
- Experience working with business intelligence tools, applications and processes and data modeling.
- Experience providing strategic /consultancy services is an advantage
- Ability to manage complex programs and projects in the area of analytics and strategy, working collaboratively with management and subject matter experts
- Data literacy
- Strong business acumen
- Advanced analytical and critical thinking skills
- Advanced communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Pragmatic and results-oriented, delivering concrete outputs to clients on time and to a high standard
- Proactive in identifying initiatives and innovations that can help solve business problems and not afraid to take on challenges/risks
- Flexible and adaptable to change in a dynamic working environment
- Humble and eager to continue learning/developing from others within the organization as well as from best practices within the industry
- Advanced PowerBI skills and other programs/applications relevant to business analytics
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (in particular Excel)
- Coding/computer language skills are an advantage
- Fluent in English; proficiency in any other FIFA language (FR / ES / DE) is an advantage
We are FIFA
We are FIFA, the global governing body for football.
Our vision is to make football truly global, diverse and inclusive, for the benefit of the entire world. The last FIFA World Cup in Russia in 2018 attracted almost four billion viewers and the last FIFA Women's World Cup in France in 2019 one billion viewers. The opportunities for growth are exciting.
We are a modern organisation with over 850 passionate employees who are Living Football every day. Our headquarters are based in Zurich, Switzerland, and we have an office in Paris, plus eleven regional offices from New Zealand to India, Congo, Panama and Paraguay.
Equal. Diverse. Inclusive
Come as you are.
Perks & Benefits
The biggest benefit of a career at FIFA is the privilege to work for the beautiful game and create something that matters.
Alongside that privilege, we also offer some extra perks and benefits:
- Health and fitness
- Home office
- Language courses
- Continuous learning
- Relocation allowance