Senior Manager Accounting Scandinavia (m/f/d)
English speaking Senior Manager Accounting Scandinavia (m/f/d)
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, IRONKIDS®, ITU World Triathlon Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf® presented by Westpac, Ultra-Trail® World Tour events including Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with more than 235 events across 55+ countries. The IRONMAN Group is owned by Advance (www.advance.com), a private, family-owned business. For more information, visit www.ironman.com.
- Day-to-day accounting for our Scandinavian entities in Finland, Sweden and Denmark, including but not limited to:
- Submittal of Accounts Receivable invoices. Follow up and management of receivables and collections.
- Collection, coding, getting approvals and scanning into database for all Accounts Payable invoices. Contact and follow up with vendors as needed.
- Oversee the entity’s Payroll processing.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements under IFRS; including correcting journal entries, accruals, and account analysis.
- Work with the EMEA CFO and Headquarters’ Finance and Accounting team in Germany as well as in the US on all accounting issues relating to Scandinavia.
- Understand event processes and work together with the individual race directors on analyzing planning procedures, processes, and profitability around the individual events.
- Assist and submitting of all statutory and tax returns – including VAT.
- Liaison with external auditors and tax authorities.
- Preparation of annual accounts according to locally applicable GAAP for Finland, Sweden and Denmark.
Skills and competencies
- Degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Fluency in written and spoken both Danish and English. Knowledge of the Finish and/ or Swedish language is an advantage.
- Minimum of 6-7 years relevant experience in accounting/ auditing/ financial management.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be extremely diligent about working with international colleagues at all levels and ensuring that deadlines are always met.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of Team Leader experience.
- Ability to manage diversity in job responsibilities with precision and accuracy in work.
- Must be hands on, able to multi-task and show proper level of time management.
- Excellent skills in MS Office and Finance applications.
- Experience in NAVISION accounting software and Power BI is an advantage.
What we offer
- We enable flexible working hours, and home office, subject to certain conditions.
- Frequent travels to the Scandinavian offices, the EMEA HQ in Germany, as well as to other European countries.
- Attractive salary, and annual bonus remuneration payment based on personal and company performance.
- Endurance event entry benefits.
- Open, modern, and friendly working environment with a strong culture across EMEA.
- Opportunity to be creative in your work and the possibility to develop your own ideas and concepts.
- Informal and relaxed dress codes.
- Part of a market-leading, growing global endurance sport Company.
A contract will be made based on a full-time employment. We are looking forward to receiving your application including your salary expectations and your notice period.
Are you interested? Please apply below