(Senior) Legal Counsel - Media
The Media Legal Team is the legal center of expertise for any question in relation to the acquisition, development, production and distribution of content be it around events, sports or culture. We further advise other legal colleagues on music issues and the media elements of sponsorship, commercial partnerships, and athlete agreements.
As (Senior) Legal Counsel – Media, you’ll be part of a specialist and focused team providing advice to a large business across a range of different subject matters. Join our team of flexible team players and move with the changing demands and priorities of a fast-paced and challenging business.
Areas that play to your strengths
All the responsibilities we'll trust you with:
In this exciting position, you’ll provide proactive, strategic and practical legal advice to a variety of departments, primarily Acquisitions, Production Management, Production, Global Content Partnerships, Distribution and Feature Films. You’ll deal with legal issues arising in connection with the following areas: production; cross-jurisdictional content distribution/acquisition including sports content; copyright; carriage and content partnerships; content and media regulation/compliance, e-sports and global rights management. In relation to feature films you’ll advise on development, shopping and pre-sales and co-production; Union and Guilds (SAAG/AFTRA, DGA, WGA etc.) and film finance. You’ll perform thorough risk assessments to maximise business opportunities without exposing the business to unnecessary risks.
#TRAININGS, TEMPLATES AND RIGHTS MANAGEMENT
You’ll provide and continually update trainings, tools, and templates to enable and empower business clients. Furthermore, you’ll oversee and give input on rights management processes in the Red Bull Media House global systems.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
that matter most for this role:
- Minimum 6 years post qualification experience, including 2 years practicing solely in a media and/or IP law environment, preferably in or with large global corporation
- Qualification in a top tier law firm or boutique media firm
- In-depth market expertise and experience of legal issues in the above-mentioned areas
- Exceptional legal drafting, negotiation and analytical skills
- Proficiency in English copyright, contract and media regulatory laws
- Legal music knowledge is a plus but not a must
- Ability to work efficiently to deadlines as part of a team and with the business, including creative personnel
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- European or Commonwealth law degree If German law degree, I. and II. State Exam (“Volljurist”); at least one with excellence “Prädikat”. In Austria attorney at law exam is of advantage. If English, US, New Zealand or Australian law qualification – we require you to be a qualified and practicing solicitor or barrister or admitted to the New York or California Bar. Qualified & practicing Solicitor of England and Wales Degree level education – minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) at top tier university
- Excellent knowledge of English, German skills are a big plus
- Travel up to 10%
We are looking forward to receiving your online application!