Senior Finance Manager, APAC
SPORTFIVE is a global sports marketing agency that delivers customer-centric solutions based on trust and transparency, deep industry experience and global relationships, digital intelligence and innovation. SPORTFIVE strategically and creatively connects brands, rights-holders, media platforms and fans to create and enable contemporary partnerships in sports.
While creating and growing long-term value for all, SPORTFIVE often leads the sports business into the future through innovative digital solutions and strives to be the most progressive and respected partner in sports.
In Asia, SPORTFIVE has over 30 years of proven performance with offices in Singapore, Sydney, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul. The industry leading agency specialises in delivering a comprehensive range of solutions and services for brands, right-holders and fans across the whole value chain. With dedicated teams focused on media and brand-led sales, content production, turn-key event management, design studio, digital marketing and activation, SPORTFIVE is well placed to support brands and rights-holders in creating valuable partnerships in the region.
SPORTFIVE operates with a global mindset and network of over 1,200 local experts based in 15 countries around the world, active in Football, Golf, Esports, Motorsport, Handball, Tennis, American Football, Basketball, Ice Hockey, Rugby, Olympics and Multi-Sport Events and many more.
- Overall responsible for the monthly financial statement closing process and actual reporting for all APAC entities (Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai, Japan, Korea & any other future APAC offices)
- Oversee annual audit & tax processes for all APAC entities (i.e. corporate income tax, GST, WHT)
- Be the key liaison person with external stakeholders (i.e. Auditor, Tax agent, Bank, outsource accounting vendors currently in place for Japan & Korea branch offices)
- Further develop ERP and other accounting-related system knowhow to act as a system key-user in APAC and continuously improve the work processes
- Perform monthly, quarterly and year-end closing activities of APAC subsidiaries (work with Accountant to ensure AP/AR/GL/intercompany transactions are booked, invoicing, cashflow analysis, ledger postings, review of month end reconciliations & resolve any discrepancies) in close coorperation with Controlling
- Prepare & ensure timely filing for all necessary statutory financial statements & tax submissions (i.e. quarterly GST, annual Corporate Tax, adhoc WHT filing)
- Prepare year-end books for audit and liaise with auditors & tax agent on financial & accounting matters
- Closely coordinate with Controlling with regards to monthly project accounting requirements (monthly revenue & cost recognition, Balance sheet clearing & review)
- Continuously improve the workflow processes (increase efficiency and ensure sufficient controls are in place)
- Qualified Accountant or Degree in Finance / Accounting
- 7-10 years of experience in full-set accounting, preferably in an international environment
Skill & competencies:
- Accounting software knowledge (SAP, BW, Lucanet, Kyriba as an asset)
- Good knowledge in MS Excel
- Possess strong work ethics, good initiative and a process-improvement mindset
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment, perform the core job duties accurately and prioritize and work within tight deadlines.
- Well organized with good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Team player that also works well independently and is highly proficient in organizing tasks, setting priorities, meeting deadlines, and managing multiple tasks
- Demonstrates good judgment and problem-solving skills