Senior Finance Business Partner
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
90 minutes to change our world
The FA are looking for a strategic Senior Finance Business Partner to provide financial support to the Chief Operating Officer, Commercial Director and Wembley Stadium Director, and prepare robust financial analysis to influence and drive key organisational decisions. Specific areas of responsibility will include, Broadcast and sponsorship contracts, Club Wembley hospitality programme, Wembley events, operations costs of Wembley Stadium and capex investment.
The Successful candidate will be an experienced leader of high performing teams, and will oversee a team of four to complete monthly management accounts, budgeting & forecasting, long range strategic planning and regular business performance reporting.
- Responsible for the monthly management reporting of the Divisions in accordance with the Group timetable
- Provide monthly management information to budget holders and Senior Management that is timely, informative and insightful
- Own the financial results of the division taking actions to ensure targets are hit
- Work with the business to prepare robust budgets, forecasts and strategic plans on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis as appropriate and in accordance with the Group timetable
- Provide commercially orientated financial support to budget holders and senior management to help inform their decision making and support their commercial deal making including Ticket pricing analysis, 3rd party Stadium hire deals and Club Wembley product pricing, sponsorship deal margin analysis
- Challenge the business to ensure all funds are invested in-line with the strategic plan and to maximise the return on investment
- Ensure strong financial controls are upheld across the division. Identify risk areas and implement controls and reporting to mitigate
- Prepare adhoc financial reporting and analysis in response to requests from the business and Group Finance including contributions to Board papers
- Provide support to the internal and external audit processes including funding bodies as appropriate
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience of financial reporting and forecasting
- Full P&L ownership
- Executive level business partnering in a fast paced commercial environment
- Leading a team with the ability to work independently and prioritising the workload
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to create presentations and present to a wide level of stakeholders up to Board level
- Previous use of Microsoft Great Plains
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.