Senior Designer Sports style Footwear - Womens
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy and all genders are welcome.
Contribute to the formulation of the annual product design plan for the product category and introduce and execute innovative design ideas, in order to achieve Business targets and product category objectives, with a focus on womens (but not exclusive to).
Design innovative products while achieving set goals with the direction of the Head of/Creative Director
Ensure the quality of products' design content in order to reinforce and strengthen the brand position and generate consumer demand
Lead by example, mentor and coach more junior team members on the job.
Produce accurate and detailed color and material specs to factory standards.
Travel to factories to finalize prototypes
Research markets, trade shows and competition for trends and inspiration and provide trip reports
Develop seasonal marketing stories in coordination with the overall business unit strategic direction, as well as the Global Brand Management and Global Marketing functions
Support Design Head of, regarding design initiatives and priorities
Work closely with suppliers in Asia and elsewhere to both source, brief in and develop new materials in line with the creative direction and commercial needs
Creation of dynamic seasonal color and material packs that are both commercial, consumer and trend relevant, in conjunction with the Head of & Creative Director
Work independently and efficiently to ensure all internal deadlines are met
Ensure internal communication systems are updated to deadlines with accurate information
Form a design led, short, mid and long term point of view on the Womens offering in conjunction with conversation with product management & merch team.
- At least 7 years of progressive work experience of designing for a leading footwear/lifestyle/sports brand, ideally in the fashion or sports industry
- Proven experience in color and material design, color and material creation, selection as well as graphic & print design
- Extensive knowledge of domestic and international retail, consumer trend, and product line dynamics
- Experience in international product development, manufacturing processes, product conceptualization and technical package specification
- Strong knowledge of international fashion/consumer trends and global market dynamics in footwear
- Proficiency in Adobe Packages
- Excellent presentation skills
- Very good verbal and written language skills in English
- Bachelor’s Degree in design and/or relevant field of study.
- This opportunity will be available in full time or part time
PUMA provides equal opportunities for all job applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or disability. Equality for all is one of the core principles at PUMA and we do not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination.
PUMA supports over 16,100 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and stichd, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.