Senior Coordinator, Participation
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Coordinator, Participation. The role will include processing the administrative activities for the participation-based projects for the ITF Development Department, while supporting the education pillar with administrative projects. The role will provide an effective service to ITF Stakeholders within the Participation and Education pillars of the 2021-2024 ITF Development Strategy.
The Senior Coordinator, Participation is responsible for processing the administrative activities for the Participation - based projects for the ITF Development Dept, while supporting the education pillar with administrative projects. The role will provide an effective service to ITF stakeholders (the 213-member National Associations) within the Participation and Education pillars of the 2021-2024 ITF Development Strategy.
The role will report directly to the Manager, Participation, with close liaison with the Education team for designated projects.
Specific Projects: Participation
- Junior Tennis Initiative (JTI): General administration of the programme for 140 active JTI nations across the world; processing and communicating resource assistance i.e., National Coordinator subsidy payments; coordinating the global equipment distribution process; and supporting the ITF Development Officers when liaising with their respective nations.
- JTI Online Reporting Platform: Coordinating the access to new reporting for active JTI nation’s National Coordinators; providing insight to the ITF Development Officers; and support the wider platform development.
- ITF Tennis Festivals App: Coordinating National Association access to the App; support the user functionality; and assist with the platform development.
- ITF Tennis Play and Stay campaign: Assistance with communicating the key components of the campaign to national associations, particularly through social media channels.
- Conferences & Events: Provide event coordination support for the biennial ITF World Participation Conference i.e., overseeing event registration, mobile conference app development, liaison with conference speakers, production and venue teams, and importantly go-live operational support during the event.
Specific Projects: Education
- ITF Academy eBooks:Support the day-to-day administrative tasks of the ITF Academy eBook function (ITF online learning platform) i.e., support, bulk orders, issuing of vouchers and invoicing.
- Recognition of Coach Education Systems: To maintain accurate status records and issue approval documentation upon request.
- Newsletter:writing and administering the ITF Education Monthly Newsletter.
- Conference & Events: administrative support for the biennial ITF World Coaches Conference and ITF Regional Coaches Conference i.e., building and maintaining event management platforms, event registration, mobile app management, liaison with conference speakers and onsite operational support.
- Liaise and maintain positive relationships with the ITF Development Officers, Olympic Solidarity, and other ITF Development stakeholders.
- Supporting virtual events and meetings through Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Monitor budget lines related to participation and education-based projects.
- To process applications and organise development grant payments.
- Provide regular written reports as requested.
- Attend meetings and support with notes/minutes as directed.
- Provide assistance with other existing and new projects related to the Development dept.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A good understanding of national and/or international sports structures.
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Fluent in Spanish and/or French (addittional languages)
- Excellent administrative skills: Use of Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A certification in sports coaching.
- Professional attitude, good communication and people skills.
- Proactive, ability to work on own initiative and under pressure.
- Thrives within a team environment, while working independently to achieve.
- Flexibility – some weekend work is a requirement of this role.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- County/National/Regional standard of competitive tennis play or equivalent.
- ITF Coaching Beginner & Intermediate Players (Level 1) tennis certification or national equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports related subject.
- Experience in conference / major event organisation.
- Social media and web communication.
- Experience of data analysis.
As the needs of the business can change rapidly this role may change accordingly, therefore this document should be viewed as guidelines which are subject to change.
What we offer….
- Excellent salary plus discretionary bonus scheme (subject to conditions).
- Working hours: based on 35 hours per week with core hours of 10am-4pm Monday to Friday – flexible start & end times (although weekend work and longer hours are a part of the role if travelling).
- 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays.
- Private Healthcare.
- Group personal pension scheme, Life Assurance and Annual Wellbeing Allowance (subject to conditions).
- Ride2Work Scheme (in conjunction with Evans Cycles).
- Free lunch when working in the office (up to £9 per day).
- Free Tea, Nespresso Coffee plus complimentary healthy snacks and fresh fruit when working in the office
- Free parking on site.
Please provide a covering letter and resume (CV) with your application, considering your competency with meeting the ‘Essential & Desirable Skills and Experience’ listed above.
Within your covering letter, provide a brief response of your choosing from one of the following questions:
- What key components should be included within a promotional campaign within a local area to attract people to play tennis for the first time?
- What main factors should a Tennis Festival organiser at a club implement to ensure first-time players are retained and return to play in the future?
- How can more young adults be engaged to become deliverers of tennis within their local area?