Senior Content Marketing Manager (Temp to Permanent)
The Senior Marketing Manager role will be the first piece in building the OTRO marketing function and will work alongside the existing social media team and external pr support to ensure all OTRO content is delivered to the widest relevant audience, amplifying opportunities to see and engage with OTRO across multiple platforms.
Footballers are bringing their fans into their world, outside the 90 minutes on the pitch. They’re generating engagement among their loyal followers and building a personal brand that’s bigger than whether or not they score a goal. OTRO is a genuine opportunity for the players to show who they really are.
Following its origination as a subscription-based platform, OTRO has evolved into a proprietary content publisher with multiple distribution monetization channels. OTRO’s content studio produces ‘exclusive access’ programming featuring its current roster of 17 players representing the world’s leading football stars. OTRO distributes and monetizes its exclusive content and formats to international markets and carriage channels, including digital ad platforms, branded content, social media, and sponsor partnerships as its early stage revenue model
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Reporting into the CEO, working alongside the Chief Creative Officer and Head of Commercial, this role is an integral part of the OTRO team. In outline, the Senior Marketing Manager role will be the first piece in building the OTRO marketing function and will work alongside the existing social media team and external pr support to ensure all OTRO content is delivered to the widest relevant audience, amplifying opportunities to see and engage with OTRO across multiple platforms. In addition, the role will ensure there is a coherent ‘customer journey’ whatever the entry point in the UX journey as well as liaising with partner brands to ensure coordinated marketing campaigns.
Initially this role will be stand alone as you build the function in a ‘early stage’ environment. As the marketing function grows so to will the opportunity for rapid progression within the organisation.
- Planning, developing and implementing effective marketing communication campaigns
- Owning the metrics for tracking effectiveness of marketing campaigns and reporting findings
- Managing third-party marketing agencies that support the marketing function (initially pr and building media and creative support as required)
- Writing and delivering marketing plans from inception to measurement
- Managing the budget and making sure the budget spend is delivering a return on investment
- Engaging and acquiring new audiences using various techniques and approaches
- Using consumer insights to guide the marketing campaigns
- Working closely with other company departments to ensure a coordinated approach to marketing campaigns.
- Conceiving and coordinating marketing campaigns alongside commercial partners
- Market research and benchmarking of target markets, analysis in relation to competitors
- Maximising the use of CRM and other marketing assets such as digital customer acquisition and social media marketing
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- This role requires somebody with 8+ years marketing experience likely gained in media/content environment whether agency or rights holder/production environment
- Experience of identifying opportunities to improve SEO visibility, and delivering changes to realise the opportunity
- It would be preferable but not essential for the successful candidate to have worked in a small, nimble organisation – either a start-up, or scale up organisation
- You should be comfortable working as the sole marketing resource initially but capable of managing growth in both team and output as the business scales
- Bachelor degree in marketing (2.1) or a related field or qualified chartered marketeer
- Demonstrable strong analytical and project management skills.
- Confident and dynamic personality who can work collaboratively with other related functions
- You will be a passionate and driven marketing manager with up to date knowledge of cutting-edge marketing techniques in the content space with a strong commercial and entrepreneurial outlook
- Demonstrable strategic thinker but equally capable of delivering tactically, this role will require a hands-on approach from the outset)
- Self-motivated and self-starter working in a ‘start up’ environment
- Collaborative and respectful
- Quick to grasp concepts
- Skilled communicator in all forms.
- Demonstrably capable of delivering concepts and solutions both written and verbal.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE CONTENT MARKETING EXPERIENCE WE WILL NOT PROGRESS YOUR APPLICATION
YOU NEED TO BE UK BASED