Senior Business Development Manager
insidethegames.biz is a global, market leading media business delivering news, information and content to the international sports industry. Established in 2005 by Duncan Mackay a former British Sports Writer of the Year and former Athletics Correspondent of the Guardian.
Due to the continued success of the business, and the growth of the sports industry, we are seeking to hire a Senior Business Development Manager to head up our new business team.
Rest assured, this is no straight forward sales job, and we hope you like flying! You will be expected to be comfortable talking to global leaders in the sports industry at a convention in Paris as well as watching the East Asian Tiddlywinks Championships to ensure that you are engaging with the right people to close deals.
Overview of the role
- You will be responsible for leading the sales strategy and implementation of the sales plan, in conjunction with the senior leadership team, on all new business selling across all commercial opportunities to all major target areas.
- The role is based around building high value-based relationships to sell commercial opportunities as well as protecting existing partnerships. You will work closely with the Head of Operations to manage the client and the approvals process efficiently, whilst delivering the highest quality solutions to meet the client’s brief.
- In order to deliver solutions that work effectively for the client, you will need to learn about the business of sport and become knowledgeable about the sectors in which existing and potential clients operate. You will need to keep abreast of business issues as well as political issues in sport and in-country. Understand the competitive landscape, market trends and how insidethegames.biz can continually deliver value to its client base,
- As Senior Business Development Manager, you will be working on the day-to-day management of a number of client accounts as well as developing new ones. This will involve liaising with clients as well as various departments within the business and outsourced partners, to ensure that the client brief is met on time and on budget.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that is fast-paced, the business of sports moves quickly, and the key to success is being one step ahead. You will have the tools, the opportunity and the responsibility to make this role your own, with the right attitude, determination and approach. You will be required to have -
- A first-class hunter capable of closing new business with creative solutions, whilst having a desire to meet new people that can support your development and knowledge of the market - be inquisitive!
- Proven experience and expertise in sales management with a strong understanding of the sales process from start to finish.
- Keen interest in sport and a desire to understand the business of sport.
- An interest in the role politics has in sport, and how it influences decisions
- You will demonstrably be able to support across multiple projects at once.
- You will be able to effectively liaise with multiple stakeholders across creative, commercial, production and client functions.
- You will have strong numeracy skills, an excellent level of IT literacy and an eye for detail
- You will need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic, extremely well organised and able to think on your feet and problem solve.
- Working as part of a team to develop creative solutions, you must be a strong communicator, forming strong relationships with your peers and clients.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Awareness of what’s happening in the world and what could influence the commercial landscape
- Experience in publishing or sports management would be helpful but not essential.
The leadership team have built a unique, sustainable and market leading business platform with fantastic opportunity for growth. This is a really exciting role and a fantastic time to join this unique and growing business based in Milton Keynes (Buckinghamshire).
This key hire will deliver a package to attract the right person to insidethegames.biz.
- Salary of up to £50k base
- Generous commission scheme (OTE realistically year 1 £65k and Year 2 onwards £75k plus)
- 28 Days Holiday (including Bank Holidays).
- Life insurance.
- Aviva backed pension scheme.
- Full Vitality healthcare cover including full cancer cover.
- Parties, lunches, and a fun environment.
Please send your CV and application detailing why you would be the right person for this job and our organisation.