Senior Associate – Sales Insight & Servicing
SPORTFIVE is a leading Global Sports Marketing Organisation. We operate in over 15 countries worldwide with more than 1,000 colleagues across Football, Golf, Esports, Tennis, Basketball & Major Events – Multi Sport and Olympics.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate to play a key role as part of the Sales Insights and Servicing department, which supports our sales teams in delivering significant revenues on behalf of our UK and Global clients. Our projects in the UK include a range of some of the highest profile and most popular sporting teams and major global events.
This role has a varied set of responsibilities, and therefore requires a candidate with a range of skills. Crucially they must understand the sponsorship sales process, and how to use brand stories as well as complex data and insights to create robust business cases capable of justifying marketing investment decisions. They should understand partnership activation, and how rights and assets can be used by sponsors to create engaging marketing campaigns. They will also have key account management responsibility and should have experience in interacting and managing domestic and international clients.
Location: Wilmslow, UK (currently working remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions)
Term: Full-time permanent role
The Sales Insight & Servicing department has a focus on supporting our sales teams through the creation of customised presentations, using high-level design capabilities and data-led insights. Our portfolio assets include some of the most premium sponsorship teams and events in world sport including LA Lakers; Chelsea FC; Ferrari; British Olympic Association (Team GB); Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games; The English Football Association; Discovery Eurosport; Fnatic etc
The successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring internal sales teams are armed with best-in-class sales assets, bespoke data and insights, creative campaign examples, and engaging narratives to support each pitch process. They will have knowledge and insight of different product categories, and a good understanding of corporate cultures from different geographical regions.
The role requires an ability to manage internal processes with multiple stakeholders, understand complex data and rationalise it into meaningful sales insights, construct well written sales presentations and work with creative design colleagues to develop strong visual assets. The role will also require the candidate to liaise with key SPORTFIVE clients on a day to day basis, particularly around inventory management and media monitoring data reports.
Working in close collaboration and reporting into our Head of Sales Insight & Servicing you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the sales team in creating compelling stories, narratives and insights to better present our sponsorship assets and services.
- Creation of bespoke presentations to respond to strategic client briefs.
- Collaborate with sales teams to generate key brand and category insights to plan our go-to-market approach.
- Working with creative and design associates to develop general and customised brand presentations.
- Account management of key advertising clients
Our Preferred Candidate
- 2-3 years of sports industry experience in sales support or business intelligence functions
- Strong writing skills to prepare pitch presentations
- Excellent communication skills to engage internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Highly motivated, proactive and a genuine team player.
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to cope with several projects at a time.
- Strong analytical skills and a good ability to interpret data
- An appetite to learn and a willingness to be challenged, with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent skills and experience in using the Microsoft Office suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Bachelors’ degree, 2.1 or higher or equivalent.
- Strong interest in the sports marketing and sponsorship industry.