Security Service Delivery Manager
Closing Date 15/11/2020
Birmingham 2022 are looking to recruit a Security Service Delivery Manager, who will support the successful delivery of multiple Venue Security Systems & Infrastructure contracts, related to various temporary infrastructure commodities (security fencing, gates, CCTV systems, screening equipment, lighting, Hostile Vehicle Mitigation etc.) and the Private Contract Security contracts (security officers, supervisors, managers etc.), from tender preparation through planning, implementation, decommissioning to contract close out.
Responsibilities of the Security Service Delivery Manager include assisting with the scoping of the technical requirements and development of tender documents as appropriate and in conjunction with the Security team. Thereafter, programming workstream activity, financial monitoring, control and assurance of the contracts, ensuring Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality compliance is maintained and the organisation's procedures and objectives are achieved in order to deliver a safe and secure Games.
In addition, the role will be required to support the holistic Security programme, managing workstream programme activity across the function's activities and responsibilities.
A strategic approach to Service Delivery is key, with a pro-active stance in encouraging supplier innovation and developing partnering relationships with the suppliers, to create and encourage added value to the OC' successful delivery of Security.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and develop scope of work including technical specifications for various commodities.
- Liaises with the Security Operations team, Venue Security team, relevant Category Managers in the Procurement team and key stakeholders to develop specifications of products and services to be procured.
- Plan projects and ensure they are programmed to a level of detail necessary in order that the contract is delivered without delays.
- Participate in tender Q&A, site visits and supplier presentations as the key Security Functional Area (FA) representative.
- Participate in contract negotiations with potential suppliers representing the Security FA operational requirements and objectives.
- Support the negotiation of all prices under existing contracts (including the negotiation of costs/pricing) and fully participate in any associated risk assessment and value management workshops, as required.
- Manage contracts on behalf of the Head of Security Operations and their Head of Venue Security, sourcing and collecting contract performance data such as pricing and supply chain costs.
- Act as a key client contact for suppliers on day-to-day basis.
- Interface between suppliers, Venue Development and Overlay (VDO) FA and Security FA to manage cost, schedule and scope of work.
- Work with Regulatory Compliance Manager, H&S Manager, Programme Manager, Engineering Services Manager and contractors to ensure compliance with schedule, Health, Safety & Environment, Construction Design Management, building code, & permitting regulations and sustainability.
- Act as an escalation point for Security to resolve issues related to commodities.
- Identify and develop risk control measures to mitigate potential risks associated with project.
- Ensure all contract deliverables are being met including contracted service levels.
- Identify any breaches of/failure to deliver against contract.
- Coordinate, facilitate, negotiate, agree and close out final accounts for the contracts.
- And in addition, for the planning stages of Games;
- Manage Security programme workstream activity, utilising programme tools such as Smartsheet / MS Project etc. and in conjunction with / direction from the relevant member of the OC Programme and Integrated Planning team.
- Relevant contract management / procurement and project management qualifications or equivalent education.
- Highly developed contract management skills with good understanding of managing Change Controls.
- Highly developed scheduling and project management and programme / workstream management skills.
- Demonstrable strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exemplary negotiation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Ability to make decisions on complex technical matters.
- Flexible and can drive change as needed.
- Highly developed organisational skills, able to multi-task - comfortable working in a fast -paced, high-energy, evolving culture and environment.
- Experienced contract management and/or project management experience.
- Experience of preparing scoping documents and market testing.
- Knowledge and understanding of general contract law principles and awareness of key issues in contracts such as limitations of liability, indemnities, warranties and termination rights.
- Experience of managing contracts to ensure that suppliers adhere to agreed contract requirements.
- Workstream / project / programme management for multi-site or complex site projects / activity.
- Management of construction-related projects.
- Experience in managing contracts of multi millions of pounds value.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- An understanding of or experience with, client & supplier partnering or other similar initiatives.
- Previous experience working on multi-sport event.
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a CV, covering letter and disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.