Security Operations Manager
Birmingham 2022 are looking for a Security Operations Manager who will be a part of the Birmingham 2022 Security Functional Area. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of the required plans, policies and actions needed to successfully deliver the transport and logistics security posture.
- Work closely with Transport partners' security teams including Transport for West Midlands, Games Transport suppliers and contractors
- Draft and implement Site Vulnerability and Risk Assessments (SVRA) for Games' transport-related sites
- Provide specialist security input into the design and delivery of Games' transport-related sites such as the Vehicle Screening Areas, Transport Malls etc
- Provide support for the development of Games' command, control and communication (C3) system related to traffic/transport security operations
- Draft and coordinate the production of security policies, procedures and contingency plans related to traffic/transport and logistics security measures
- Creation of integrated Games' transport/traffic and logistics security operational plan
- Facilitate and coordinate procurement processes related to traffic/transport and logistics security measures
- Work closely with West Midlands Police and other Birmingham 2022 Partners in the development of the overarching operational security strategy for the Games
For further responsibilities, please refer to the Job Description.
Skills & Experience
- Recognised expertise, credibility, and leadership in Security planning with direct practical experience of large high profile and high threat events
- Recognised expertise and experience in Security aspects of event planning and delivery at international level
- Competent and experienced in translating multiple client requirements into security operations
- Direct practical experience of providing technical/operational Security expertise to venues housing and supporting major sports events or equivalent large-scale events
- Significant experience in managerial level Security related roles
- Demonstrated experience in managing a complex workforce, including a large contractor and volunteer workforce
- Recognised expertise and knowledge of the British security environment
- Competent and experienced in a management role in the Security function for a high-profile, multi-sport Games environment
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the Commonwealth Games' requirements
- A good understanding of major UK security operators and providers
- A strong understanding of the technological solutions that might be procured to provide an effective and economic security outcome for the Games.
Salary - £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Start date - ASAP
Location - Birmingham, office based
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We have achieved the Leaders in Diversity award through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.