Security Operations Coordinator
Closing Date - 08/03/2021
Birmingham 2022 are looking for two Security Operations Coordinators, which will be intrinsic positions in the Security Functional Area. In these roles, the successful candidates will be supporting the Security Operations Manager with the coordination, delivery and the implementation of the Security Operations function's policies and plans, particularly for transport and logistics security across the Games Time footprint, all of which will contribute to delivering a safe and secure Games.
- Coordination with internal and external stakeholders involved in Security Operations including West Midlands Police
- Develop the criteria for Security Vulnerability Assessments (SVA's) of Games Time non-competition venues including Games Time supplier locations
- Assist with the procurement of a supporting 3rd party security provider for specialist tasks and develop assurance regimes with West Midlands Police
- Oversee the development and implementation of the security aspects of the Games online supplier / logistics portal
- Work closely with legal and procurement functions to identify opportunities to engage, promote and plan supplier security operations and obligations
- Provide support to Venue Security Cluster Managers/Venue Security Managers as required
- Design and implement relevant solutions for the B2022 Security Operations vehicle screen and seal strategy
- Work with games systems functional area to ensure the relevant logistics online portal and associated systems are accurate
- Implement the Games Time Remote Vehicle Search Site (RVSS) plan and design
Skills & Experience Required
- Detailed, demonstrative experience and knowledge of Security Operations in a similar environment
- Proven experience of working within a similar project or program
- Good understanding of the UK threat level and implications of any change to the threat level
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary organisation and to build active, cooperative partnerships with external organisations in an integrated manner
- Good level of understanding in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Office 365 Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrable strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of security vulnerability assessments
- Competent and experienced for a high-profile, multi-sport Games environment or equivalent
- Diploma of Security and Risk Management
- Membership of an appropriate professional body (CSyP / MSyI / ASIS / RIBA etc.)
- Previous experience of working within a Search and Seal Operation
Salary - £40,000 per annum
Start date - March 2021
Location - Birmingham
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We are working towards achieving Leaders in Diversity through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.