Scientific Conditioning Coach
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Scientific Conditioning Manager and the Senior Scientific Conditioning Coach, the Scientific Conditioning Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
- To develop and implement safe and effective training programmes for athletes;
- To supervise injured athletes' training in cooperation with the Sports Medicine Centre;
- To coordinate scientific testing in cooperation with the Scientific Assessment team and TID team;
- To perform fitness and field-testing on athletes for monitoring training progress;
- To collaborate with other disciplines of the Scientific Conditioning Center and other Centers as appropriate to the biopsychosocial operational model;
- To provide both local and overseas on-field support to elite sports teams;
- To centralize and maintain a database for all training records;
- To organize, implement and assist in educational workshops and lectures for athletes, coaches and/or NSAs;
- To monitor the maintenance of the fitness area and equipment; and
- To keep abreast of the current trends of Strength and Conditioning for peak performance.
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A university degree in strength and conditioning, sports science or a relevant discipline;
- A minimum of 4 years' relevant working experience in strength and conditioning. Experience in elite training is a definite advantage;
- Holder of a certified strength and conditioning specialist certification or a related qualification;
- Holder of valid first aid, CPR and AED certificate
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English. Ability to speak Cantonese and Putonghua is a definiteadvantage;
- Proficient in MS-Word and Excel; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an addedadvantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please click ''apply'' to submit your cv with expected salary ,or send the completed Application Form with indication of expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: hrdept@ hksi.org.hk. The recruitment will continue until the post is filled. Please quote reference no. GS-20230303-SACC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Personal Data provided by appointees will be used strictly for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER