Sales Manager - Perimeter Sales
The successful candidate should understand how to successfully manage a B2B sales process from end-to-end, and be comfortable at pitching, presenting and negotiating with marketing decision-makers at all levels. They should be able to build strong prospect lists, have a good market knowledge across categories and brands, and be adept at creating sales opportunities through cold outreach before moving it through the sales funnel.
In view of on-going growth and to contribute to its right-holding clients’ commercial success, SPORTFIVE is recruiting a Sales Manager - Premier Leage & UK Footbal Perimeter Advertising Team.
Sportfive is a leading Global Sports Marketing Organisation. We operate in over 15 countries worldwide with more than 1,000 colleagues across Football, Golf, Esports, Tennis, Basketball & Major Events – Multi Sport and Olympics.
Sportfive is looking for an outstanding candidate to play a key role as part of the UK Perimeter Sales team, responsible for the successful sale of our perimeter advertising inventory across our market-leading football portfolio, as well the delivery of sponsorship sales programmes across our premium rights-holder clients.
If you’re watching football within the UK, you are likely witnessing our commercial work first hand.
As the market leader, our exclusive perimeter advertising contracts cover 11 English Premier League teams including Brighton, Leicester City, Everton and Wolverhampton Wanderers, 21 teams in the Football League Championship, and packages across both the FA Cup and Carabao Cup. Alongside this, our commercial portfolio includes some of the highest profile sponsorship teams and events in world sport including New York Knicks; LA Lakers; Chelsea FC; Scuderia Ferrari; Borussia Dortmund, Olympique Lyonnais, British Olympic Association (Team GB); The English Football Association; Discovery Eurosport; Fnatic etc.
This permanent, full-time role is a unique and exciting opportunity, based in the UK but with significant international reach and profile.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE?
- The ultimate achievement of the Perimeter Team revenue target across each of its key product lines, every season with our work visible to millions of television viewers worldwide.
- Build and maintain outstanding relationships with brands and colleagues.
- Maximize additional revenue opportunities, including sales of sponsorship across the Sportfive portfolio of assets, strategy and activation service, talent endorsement deals, non-portfolio brokerage opportunities.
OUR PREFERED CANDIDATE:
- Highly motivated sales professional with a track record in generating B2B sales revenues with preferably 2 - 5years’ experience+
- Dynamic, energetic communicator - with a will to win
- A strategic and consultative sales capability, fused with a high work ethic to achieve quantity and quality of sales effort
- Genuine Team player who can also self-motivate in a fast paced environment
- Outstanding sales communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Career driven individual – with an sincere Interest in the commercial world of sport
- Media/Advertising sales experience an advantage
- Develop strong relationships with prospective new clients via all possible customer touchpoints including phone, email, linked-in, networking events and meetings etc
- Displaying a thorough understanding of SPORTFIVE’s products and services, and work to a coordinated sales plan to achieve divisional budget targets and strategic objectives
- Lead sales pitches with international and domestic clients to understand objectives, build relationships and secure revenue for the business (small amount of international travel required)
- Continually develop prospect lists by using macro and micro market trends, sound product knowledge and deep understanding of brand marketing to identify relevant clients, industries and geographies
- Briefing SPORTFIVE’s Sales Enablement teams to prepare sales presentations using consumer insights, media value reporting, and additional proprietary methodologies to help build compelling business cases
- Provide weekly and regular updates at team sales meetings showcasing activity and pipeline development, business closed and share any insight for potential collaboration with other Sales Team members
- Liase with key sports Rights Holders where required to secure property, product or price information, as well as ensuring SPORTFIVE’s interests are represent and protected appropriately
- To be competent with sales management systems ( Salesforce CRM) and follow any other relevant internal reporting procedures
- Liase with SPORTFIVE’s international territories and subsidiary agencies to understand rights portfolio, availability, pricing, and other relevant data to support sales process
- Support the Sales Directors, Leadership Team and other employees from time to time on various projects
- Work with internal corporate functions such as legal and finance to create robust commercial agreements to support a sales process
- Ensure strong after-sales relationship management where necessary to enhance renewal probability, and identify cross-sales/upselling potential
- Represent SPORTFIVE to the broader market in a way that is consistent with the high standards and professional approach expected of employees
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Opportunity to be part of dynamic, forward-thinking global team that puts its people first
- Personal development
- Private health and life insurance
- Pension scheme
- Cycle scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Sociable and wellbeing activities
- This role is based at our Wilmslow office