Sales Manager - Fortinet Championship (PGA TOUR)
SPORTFIVE utilizes the unique emotional power of sports to create and enable pioneering partnerships in sports. By delivering responsible commercialization, full-service solutions and long-term value for all stakeholders in sports, SPORTFIVE strategically and creatively connects brands, rightsholders, media platforms and fans by leveraging a global network paired with decades of experience and entrepreneurial spirit. As a market leader with customer centricity and vast data intelligence at its core, SPORTFIVE leads the sports business into the future through its digital solutions and aims to be the most progressive and respected partner in sports.
SPORTFIVE operates as an international sports business and marketing agency with a global mindset and network of over 1,200 local experts based in 15 countries active in football, golf, e-sports, motorsport, handball, tennis, American football and many more.
Job Title: Sales Manager - Fortinet Championship (PGA TOUR)
Primary Work Location: Pleasant Hill, CA and/or Napa, CA (Can work from either office - time may be spent in both)
Anticipated Start Date: December 1, 2023
Team and Job Overview
The SPORTFIVE Golf Events division provides management and consulting services to over 30 professional events. This division owns and/or operates eight programs:
- Fortinet Championship (PGA TOUR)
- The American Express (PGA TOUR)
- Myrtle Beach Classic (PGA TOUR)
- Barbasol Championship (PGA TOUR)
- Puerto Rico Open (PGA TOUR)
- Lecom Suncoast Classic (KornFerry TOUR)
- White Sands Bahamas Invitational (NCAA)
- Revelry Sports / LSU Tailgating (NCAA)
The Sales Manager of the Fortinet Championship (Napa, CA) will be responsible for driving revenue to the tournament through hospitality, sponsorship, and Pro-Am sales. You will work closely with the Executive Director, tournament team, and SPORTFIVE leadership to generate sales and activate the tournament. You will also have the opportunity to drive revenue across the Golf Events Division primarily in Northern California. The Sales Manager reports to the Executive Director of the Fortinet Championship.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Create, market and pitch sponsorship packages across the corporate marketplace
- Meet revenue and operational goals
- Generate corporate leads on a daily basis
- Align with PGA TOUR best practices and strive to be best in class
- Proactively bring new ideas to tournament staff and SPORTFIVE leadership
- Collaborate with SPORTFIVE peers to drive business across the Golf Events Division
- Work closely with the Executive Director, tournament staff, volunteers and SPORTFIVE leadership to activate the event
- Manage the CRM system as it relates to tournament sales
- Provide regular reports and forecasts of revenue pipeline and progress towards goals
- Assist with sponsorship fulfillment
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- 2-5 years in relevant experience in golf, sports marketing, and/or sales,
- Demonstrated ability to generate new sales leads and close sales deals, in excess of $100,000 annually
- Proficiency with MS Office software applications and CRM systems, specifically PowerPoint and Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- PGA TOUR or professional golf event sales experience a big plus but not required
- Conduct yourself in way that demonstrates a strong commitment to team collaboration and success
- Strong competitive spirit – desire to win the business through hard work and determination
- Able to lead and motivate others
- Essential duties are performed onsite in the San Francisco Bay Area and Napa, CA
- Must be flexible to work nights/weekends, longer hours during tournaments and other events when required
- Must have a driver’s license and own vehicle
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
Salary Range: $67,000 – 80,000 (plus commissions on new business and renewals)
SPORTFIVE is providing the compensation range it might pay for this position. The rate of pay offered will be dependent on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location.
- Working at SPORTFIVE provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision and retirement savings.
- Affordable medical premiums starting at $29.43 per month.
- Employees start at 10 vacation days per year (increasing with seniority) plus 20 paid holidays
- 401(k) with matching up to $4,000 per year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
This document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organization.
All employees may be required to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested.