Safety and Security Training Manager
You will be joining a diverse, dynamic and welcoming team based in Qatar who continually set new standards and are determined to make the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ an unforgettable sporting event for the millions who travel to the country and billions who tune in around the world.
The role holder is responsible for the development and implementation of the security training programme in general and all training content, in particular for pre-tournament and tournament periods. The scope of responsibilities include development and support and; the readiness and development plans for Q22 Security Department staff, Private Security Guards and Event Stewards, in preparation for their tournament-time roles.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and determine training needs and requirements for the security workforce;
- Develop a comprehensive accredited & internationally recognized training programme for the Security workforce;
- Oversee the continuous professional development of the security department;
- Review existing training materials produced by stakeholders to determine appropriateness and relevance to the FWC 2022 Tournament;
- Deliver in person and online, all the elements of Training programme, including logistical preparations, securing training facilities and coordination of all involved stakeholders;
- Schedule training sessions, organise information technology and other equipment and manage course enrolment;
- Develop and deliver a production process (including content development) for elements of the training programme;
- Ensure that FIFA Stadium Safety and Security Regulations, as well as the Safety and Security Concept and Strategy (agreed between FIFA, 2022 FWC Qatar LLC, Supreme Committee, Qatar ministries, agencies and organisations) are incorporated across the training programmes that will be developed;
- Oversee the delivery of training by contractors, for quality assurance;
- Work with department managers to address learning issues, instruction problems, or new educational needs regarding specific employees or team;
- Manage costs for all programmes, productions, and publications in order to report to organisation executives;
- Maintain understanding of new educational and training techniques and methods;
- Develop and oversee production of the Security workforce handbooks for Guards, Stewards, TSLOs and RSLOs;
- Be the focal point for internal and external stakeholders (FIFA, 2022 FWC Qatar LLC, Supreme Committee, Qatar ministries, agencies and organizations) in terms of training and development;
- Perform operational roles as required during tournament time, as per the Q22 safety and security area workforce plans;
- Contribute to the development of security policies and procedures within Q22 scope, security plans for official venues and other facilities;
- Manage the process for open issues and provide updated information to Q22 Safety and Security Director for further escalation;
- Review of the related legislation, bylaws and other related documents for compliance with FWC operations;
- Prepare and develop department business plan and KPI’s;
- Development of the detailed project plan within the scope and; monitor and ensure delivery of objectives.
- Represent Q22 Security at key meetings at MOC & TCC during the operational period;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Q22 Safety and Security Director directly related or relevant to the job;
- Ensure the assigned responsibilities are delivered to a high standard of quality and timeliness in full compliance with the Q22 Quality Policy and the Safety and Security rules and; requirements in line with any standards and objectives designated in the Employee Performance Management system.
- Any other duties that may be requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Training and Development or related field, and/or relevant work based professional qualification.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience and minimum of 5 years in a managerial position;
- Experience in major sporting events is essential (Management level), previous FIFA events experience would be an advantage.
- English fluency – spoken and written (required)
- Arabic fluency – an advantage
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project)
- Planning software and online collaboration tools (an asset)
- Advanced project management skills
- Capability to write and develop documents
- Capability to present in front of big groups of people
- Experience of interaction with state authorities would be an advantage
- Understanding the security of major sports events timeline and structure
- Advanced organisational and communication skills
- Understanding of project documentation would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the basics of organising the work of the private security services would be an advantage