The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s designated organisation to provide the high performance training system for eligible sports. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
(Annual performance based remuneration package ranges from HK$497,285 to HK$1,253,926)
Reporting to the Head Rowing Coach, the Rowing Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
- To coach senior and junior rowers training under the Hong Kong Sports Institute’s Rowing Programme – both in Hong Kong and, when required, overseas;
- To help coordinate, design, and implement training programmes for elite rowers in Hong Kong;
- To fully utilize and integrate scientific, medical and other athlete support services into the elite training programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To monitor athlete performance through comprehensive, multi-method assessment and regular evaluation, and to provide timely and critically analyzed reports as required;
- To be responsible for administrative and logistical matters related to local and overseas squad training and competitions. This may include transport of athletes and equipment;
- To supervise Assistant Coaches and part-time coaches;
- To assist the HKSI and Hong Kong, China Rowing Association with Coach education programmes, elite talent identification and athlete recruitment; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A University degree or its equivalent;
- A valid coaching certificate issued by the relevant governing body;A minimum of 5 years’ professional coaching experience and proven record of achievement in coaching Rowing athletes at national level or its equivalent. Coaching experience at international level would be considered an advantage;
- Experience in coaching sculling and lightweight athletes would be considered an advantage;
- Excellent communication in English and/ or Chinese and strong interpersonal skills;
- Willing to coach from a bicycle on a daily basis;
- Driving license for private car would be desirable;
- High level of computer literacy; and
- Awareness / knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please click ''apply'' to submit your CV with expected salary or send the completed Application Form
(https://hksi.org.hk/f/content_block/5310/Job%20Application%20Form_Nov%202021.doc) with indication of expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: hrdept@ hksi.org.hk on or before 23 January 2023. Please quote reference no. CT-20230110-RC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS ANEQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
(https://hksi.org.hk/f/content_block/5310/Job%20Application%20Form_Nov%202021.doc) 及要求待遇，於2023年1月23日或之前寄香港新界沙田源禾路25號香港體育學院有限公司人力資源經理收或電郵致: hrdept @ hksi.org.hk。請註明申請編號: CT-20230110-RC。