Regional Marketing Manager (m/f/d)
The Regional Marketing Manager (m/f/d) works together with the Marketing leadership team to create key strategies for our brands and series within IRONMAN EMEA. Moreover you support the development of local teams, give best practices and guarantee an efficient relationship with all stakeholders.
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, IRONKIDS®, ITU World Triathlon Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf® presented by Westpac, Ultra-Trail® World Tour events including Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events, and other multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with more than 235 events across 55+ countries. The IRONMAN Group is owned by Advance (www.advance.com), a private, family-owned business. For more information, visit www.ironman.com.
For our EMEA region, based in London, UK we are actively looking for a highly motivated, fluent English speaking
Regional Marketing Manager (m/f/d)
- Oversee and develop team of Local Marketing Managers who are in regional offices across the region
- Support Local Marketing Managers to meet and exceed their registration and revenue goals through strategic planning, data analysis and tactical implementation
- Direct event marketing for selected events within the local region, responsible for driving participant registration
- Manage regional event marketing budget, measuring ROI and efficiency of spends
- Plan, develop, and execute brand-wide campaigns from inception to execution, including non-event-specific marketing campaigns
- Work with the Marketing Leadership Team on key strategies for the EMEA region, including close collaboration with the Digital, PR and Athlete Development disciplines
- Monitor, analyse data and report registration trends and forecasts for all EMEA events
- Coordinates, plans and facilitates regional media buying for print, radio, out of home and other traditional media in addition to digital advertising and new media placements, either through media agencies or direct negotiation
- Collaborate with design team on marketing collateral; provide creative direction depending on audience and event collateral type
- Manage, update, and circulate weekly marketing documentation including marketing plans, opportunities, and challenges
- Shares and disseminates best practice throughout EMEA region
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to deliver EMEA regional goals, including working with Global Partnerships Team, Operations Team and Regional Directors
- Foster open communication between all IRONMAN Team Members
- Additional responsibilities to successfully deliver EMEA Marketing objectives, as they arise
Skills and competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 - 10 years marketing experience with 2+ years leading a team
- Data driven
- Excellent strategic and analytical thinking capability
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Marketing experience within mountain biking will be advantageous
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to advocate for change in any environment among peers, managers, executives, and outside partners
- Superior time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to fluidly transition between managing the work of others and being an individual contributor
- Possess a goal-oriented approach, with the desire and capability to track activities to business metrics and an overall plan. The successful candidate has a demonstrated desire to conceptualize, execute, and report on complex integrated marketing programs
- A passion for an active lifestyle is a plus
- Ability to work some weekends and non-traditional hours
- Ability to travel 25%+
What we offer
- We enable flexible working hours, and home office, subject to certain conditions.
- Attractive salary, and annual bonus remuneration payment based on personal and company performance.
- Endurance event entry benefits.
- Travel to other European countries.
- Open, modern and friendly working environment with a strong culture across EMEA.
- Informal and relaxed dress codes.
- Part of a market-leading, growing global endurance sport Company.
A contract will be made based on full-time employment and for an indefinite time period. We are looking forward to receiving your application including your salary expectations and your notice period.
Are you interested?