The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Sports Medicine Manager, the Recovery Therapist will be responsible for the following duties:
To lead and conduct recovery services to scholarship athletes;
To liaise and plan with coaches and other technical support professionals on elite athletes’ recovery process;
- To assist in the rehabilitation program;
- To plan and implement injury prevention program;
- To provide local and overseas on-fields support if required;
- To plan and conduct research projects and educational programs for elite athletes and coaches;
- To assist training and supervising sub-ordinate; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by senior staff.
- A university degree or equivalent in recovery therapy, sport therapy or a relevant discipline, preferably a master degree in sports medicine related disciplines;
- A minimum of 4 years’ sports relevant working experience;
- Experience in managing athletes’ recovery process;
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English. Ability to speak Cantonese and Putonghua is a definite advantage; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send your resume and a completed application form with indication of your current and expected salary.
An appointment will be on a fixed-term contract.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Personal Data provided by appointees will be used strictly for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER