Project Lead, Media Operations
We are recruiting for a Project Lead, Media Operations to help deliver world class events, media operations and coverage of the ITF all year round with the aim of maximising media attendance and coverage of events.
The ITF Communications department is responsible for key stakeholder and external communications, day-to-day press and public relations. The department also provides on and off-site media services at major Davis Cup and Billie Jean King Cup events and support at Grand Slam tournaments. The ITF promotes tennis worldwide through a combination of communications channels, as well as websites, mobile apps, social media and publications managed or overseen by the department.
- Maintenance of a best-in-class digital media information services hub, for use by media both during and outside event periods.
- Collaboration on the development and management of the ITF media accreditation system
- Working with the Manager, Media Operations, and National Association communications teams to maximise media attendance at and coverage of events.
- Working with Manager, Media Operations and Major Events team to develop media protocols for tournament manuals
- Moderation of player media conferences at covered events
- Ensure excellence in ITF interview and press conference moderation by developing and delivering best practice manual
- Alongside Manager, Media Operations, network with journalists at major events to ensure landing of ITF key corporate messages
- Support the Project Lead, Media Services, where necessary to deliver engaging match notes and statistical information for media both on and off-site at events
- Manage Mixed Zones at major events including Davis Cup, Billie Jean King Cup, Olympics and Paralympics
- Work with colleagues across the organisation as part of a ‘one team’ mentality, helping to deliver world class events, media operations and coverage of the ITF all year round.
Events (including but not limited to):
- Davis Cup – all levels combined – Regional to Finals
- Billie Jean King Cup – all levels combined – Regional to Finals
- Juniors season end finals – individual (Masters) and team (Junior Davis Cup and Billie Jean King Cup)
- Official ceremonies on court at ITF major events, in collaboration with Event Operations
- Beach Tennis season end championships
As the needs of the business can change rapidly this role may change accordingly, therefore this document should be viewed as guidelines which are subject to change.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and another European language (preferably Spanish)
- Experience of delivering effective media operations on site at sporting events, working with written media, broadcasters and ENG crews
- Experience of moderating high profile press conferences and overseeing interview opportunities with athletes and other spokespeople
- Experience of handling media accreditations and promoting attendance at events
- First class written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of what makes a compelling story and engaging content both for external media and owned channels, with a track record of producing both.
- Good media relations experience and ability to network and land key corporate messages with journalists at events.
- Ability to work as part of a team across a range of departments and stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver work to deadlines
- A current, valid working UK visa
- Experience working with a virtual media platform, providing compelling multimedia assets, timely information
- Experience of writing match notes and statistics for media on events
- Understanding of the tennis industry and the work of the ITF
What we offer….
- Excellent salary plus discretionary bonus scheme (subject to conditions)
- 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare
- Group personal pension scheme, Life assurance and Annual Wellbeing Allowance
- Ride2Work Scheme (in conjunction with Evans Cycles)
- Free lunch when working in the office (up to £9 per day)
- Free Tea, Nespresso Coffee plus complimentary healthy snacks and fresh fruit when working in the office
- Free parking on site
- Working hours: based on 35 hours per week. Normal office hours are 09.00 -17.00 Monday to Friday. Flexible working hours possible, with core hours of 10am-4pm (although weekend work and longer hours are a part of the role when travelling