WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You enjoy work which requires a keen attention to detail.
- You are organised, with a methodical approach to completing tasks
- You thrive in a busy, challenging environment.
- You enjoy interacting with people in and around the business and developing strong working relationships.
- You have a desire to develop a career in Procurement, show you are proven self-starter, and strive to demonstrate flexibility and creativity in a fast-paced environment
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Collaborating across key internal and external stakeholders to ensure the procurement process is fully understood and integrated.
- Conducting detailed analysis of internal requirements, analysis of external suppliers, including costs and markets.
- Supporting the EDI and sustainable procurement strategy
- Implementing and managing regular progress meetings with functional areas to track activities, milestones, risks, and issues.
- Identifying cost savings opportunities
- Maintaining the supply chain analytical tool
- Consolidating the supplier portfolio
- Creating and preparing project documentation, including procurement documentation (NDA, ITT.)
- Creating category analysis for specific spend categories and vendors.
- Assisting the Head of Procurement on the day-to-day activities
- Monitoring data management to keep accurate product, contract, & costs saving
- First hand experience in procurement and data management
- An understanding of how to establish, maintain, and positively leverage effective stakeholder relationships.
- Understand the end to end procurement cycle, value chain, cost breakdown, and can initiate cost saving opportunities
- Experience in multi-tasking and time-management skills in a fast-paced environment
- CIPS accreditation or working towards qualification (desirable)
- Competitive salary - £25-30k
- Holiday - 25 days a year
- Volunteering – 2 days a year
- Pension - Non-contributory 8% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Employee health cash-back plan
- Long-term sickness insurance
- Life assurance - four times your annual basic salary
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Unmind – free and confidential access to a wellbeing app to help you manage your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- OpenBlend - an innovative coaching and performance management tool
- People Academy - a range of programmes and initiatives to help you develop and reach your
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 confidential access to expert services including counselling, wellbeing, and independent legal and financial advice
- Free online fitness classes
- 30% Castore discount
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Preferential access to tickets to England and The Hundred games