Procurement Category Manager
Are you a public procurement professional? Fancy a new challenge? Want to be part of the celebration of sport and culture in 2022? Keen to fast track your exposure in public procurement and work in a unique environment of very varied categories? If you have the experience and drive to support the delivery of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games please follow the links to come join our fabulous team.
We are looking for a Procurement Category Manager to take ownership of multiple end to end OJEU procurements in an exciting environment. If you understand the importance of stakeholder management, can evidence end to end Public sector procurement application, can show resilience and a passion for procurement we may be the right home for you. The pace is fast, the workload is varied and the team is hardworking and committed.
- Manage a portfolio of procurements in the games procurement
- Acting as key point of contact for procurement requirements at both OJEU and sub OJEU levels.
- Delegate effectively while managing a portfolio of procurements in the games procurement environment to meet time, budget, quality and resource parameters.
- Effective and appropriate management of key stakeholders and key operational staff to meet project outcomes and changing
- organisational needs relevant to the nominated divisions
- Balance the needs of multiple stakeholders across Birmingham 2022 and externally to deliver the best value commercial and operational outcomes for the Corporation, including consideration and maximisation of sponsorship opportunities
Please see the job description for a full breakdown of the position responsibilities
Skills and Experience Required
- Extensive public sector procurement experience, with evidence of delivery of end-to-end OJEU/sub-OJEU procurements. Competitive dialogue experience is advantageous.
- Demonstrate resilience and time management with the ability to take a leadership role in project delivery.
- Use of e-tendering software in end to end tendering.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) and collaborator.
- Experience in facilitating procurement outcomes to improve value for money propositions and support our legacy objectives in relation to social value and sustainability.
- Preparation of contractual documents for external/ public review.
- Contract management experience across a variety of contracting methods including fixed price, cost plus, schedule of rates, panel of providers.
- Advanced skills in MS office applications, contract management systems, P2P awareness, E-tender software (Awareness of Dynamic's P2P, Delta e-tender, smartsheets would be an advantageous but not essential).
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We are working towards achieving Leaders in Diversity through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.