Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing
The main objective of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing is to prepare you to be a sport marketing professional and educate you in the proper use of marketing management tools, sports operations and financial management applied to sport.
The program consists of 3 modules that cover all key areas of sport marketing. Each module has a number of teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing puts you at the center of your education through a learning by doing methodology. We encourage collaborative work and transfer the content to specific situations in sport marketing and sponsorship (connective teaching methodologies and social constructivism). Our faculty of expert professors and tutors will guide you in the learning process, providing high quality training combined with the flexibility of online study.
You have the option of studying the modules separately as short, specialized courses. This way, you can earn credits to obtain the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing. You can also obtain the Master in Sport Marketing and Sponsorship (60 ECTS) by completing this program, the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Sponsorship (27 ECTS), an elective module and the Master’s final project within a maximum period of 3 years from the start of the first module.
To be admitted, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent, or
- Have at least 3 years of experience in the field of marketing and/or sponsorship, in sport management,
- Have developed a career as a professional athlete.
- Online; English or Spanish.
- Also available blended in Barcelona (Spanish)
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing at the Johan Cruyff Institute is right for you if:
- You are an (ex-) athlete looking for training and certification in sport marketing to give your career a boost.
- You are working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to specialize in sport marketing.
- You want to complete your education with a specialized postgraduate program in sport marketing.
- To understand, analyze and implement marketing strategies, development strategies, launching and positioning of new products.
- To make decisions in relation to the components of product, price, distribution and communication.
- To understand the qualitative and quantitative analysis and diagnostics tools for sport market research.
- To understand, analyze and assess the role of digital communities and social media in sport organizations.
- To interpret financial statements of a sports organization.
- To optimize the management of a facility and sporting event.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning, and technological environments.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert professors and professionals from the industry.
- Collaborative tools, group work, communication, and debate.
- Sports industry oriented: approaches training from the business sector to the sports industry.
- Learning based on experience: designed to improve professionalism.
- Sports Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies)
- Advertising and Product Branding (advertising agencies and media agencies)
- Sports Competition (professional sports clubs and event organizers)
- Leadership and Management (federations, sports associations, NGOs and foundations)
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives)