Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management
The main objective of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management is to educate you to become a sport management professional and provide you with the appropriate tools to apply your knowledge in strategic, financial, sport facility and human resources management.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management Online is a 7-month program that delves into the essential aspects of management applied to sport, offering knowledge and experiences that will help you in your development as a sports professional. It has 30 ECTS (credits) and it is composed of an introductory module, mandatory modules, and elective modules.
This program puts you at the center of your education through a learning by doing methodology. We encourage collaborative work and transfer the content to specific situations in sport marketing and sponsorship (connective teaching methodologies and social constructivism). Our faculty of expert professors and tutors will guide you in the learning process, providing high quality training combined with the flexibility of online study.
To be admitted, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Have 3 years experience in the field of sport management.
- Have developed a career as a professional athlete.
Online in English or Spanish.
Also available Blended in Barcelona, in Spanish.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management at the Johan Cruyff Institute is for you if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who is looking for academic education in management to give your professional career a boost.
- You have know-how in the sport management sector and need to formalize your work experience with a degree.
- You wish to complete your education with a postgraduate diploma specializing in sport management to create a future for yourself in the sports industry.
- To understand and apply strategic, global and objective vision to the sports industry from a business perspective.
- To create new market opportunities by applying an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture inclined towards innovation in sport organizations.
- To use the most innovative practices in sport marketing and be more effective in brand strategy and sponsorship execution.
- To detect the key factors to lead professional teams and obtain the best results.
- To interpret the financial statements of a sports organization and create financial strategies for new products and businesses.
- To optimize the management of a sport facility and sport event.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning, and technological environments.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert professors and professionals from the industry.
- Collaborative tools, group work, communication, and debate.
- Sports industry oriented: approaches training from the business sector to the sports industry.
- Learning based on experience: designed to improve professionalism.
- Sports Competition (professional sports teams and event organizers).
- Governance (sports federations and associations).
- Facilities and Sports Events (championship organizers, sports clubs).
- Community Sports (foundations, municipalities).
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives).
- Sports Journalism (media).
- Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies).