Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management
The main objective of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management is to educate you to become a sport management professional and provide you with the appropriate tools to apply your knowledge in strategic, financial, sport facility and human resources management.
The program consists of 4 modules that cover all key areas of sport management. Each module has a number of teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management puts you at the center of your education through a learning by doing methodology. We encourage collaborative work and transfer the content to specific situations in sport marketing and sponsorship (connective teaching methodologies and social constructivism). Our faculty of expert professors and tutors will guide you in the learning process, providing high quality training combined with the flexibility of online study.
You have the option of studying the modules separately as short, specialized courses. This way, you can earn credits to obtain the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management. You can also obtain the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS) by completing this program, the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS), an elective module and the Master’s final project within a maximum period of 3 years from the start of the first module.
To be admitted, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or equivalent.
- Have 3 years experience in the field of sport management.
- Have developed a career as a professional athlete.
Online; English or Spanish.
Also available in the blended modality in Barcelona (in Spanish)
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management at the Johan Cruyff Institute is for you if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who is looking for academic education in management to give your professional career a boost.
- You have know-how in the sport management sector and need to formalize your work experience with a degree.
- You wish to complete your education with a postgraduate diploma specializing in sport management to create a future for yourself in the sports industry.
- To understand and apply strategic, global and objective vision to the sports industry from a business perspective.
- To create new market opportunities by applying an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture inclined towards innovation in sport organizations.
- To use the most innovative practices in sport marketing and be more effective in brand strategy and sponsorship execution.
- To detect the key factors to lead professional teams and obtain the best results.
- To interpret the financial statements of a sports organization and create financial strategies for new products and businesses.
- To optimize the management of a sport facility and sport event.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning, and technological environments.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert professors and professionals from the industry.
- Collaborative tools, group work, communication, and debate.
- Sports industry oriented: approaches training from the business sector to the sports industry.
- Learning based on experience: designed to improve professionalism.
- Sports Competition (professional sports teams and event organizers).
- Governance (sports federations and associations).
- Facilities and Sports Events (championship organizers, sports clubs).
- Community Sports (foundations, municipalities).
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives).
- Sports Journalism (media).
- Marketing and Sponsorship (private and public companies).