The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
90 minutes to change our world
HAVE THE DIGITAL WORLD AT YOUR FEET
Technology is key to the FA's transformation. From supporting grassroots via our day-to-day digital presence, to using data-led insights to drive the game - to developing future focused platforms for professional football - our Digital Technology team is central to our future.
Whilst investment in technology to make the experience of all participants relevant and easy, is already at the heart of how we can serve the game, we are looking to invest even further and deliver in a more iterative way, forming product lines and fully moving towards an Agile, Product Management framework.
By 2024, we will upgrade and simplify our core football administration system (moving from Whole Game System to Platform for Football) and provide enhanced capability to England teams.
Our product lines cover all those that RUN, PLAY, LEARN as well as our responsibility to REGULATE, WIN and leverage DATA whilst also ensuring sufficient focus on the CORE BUSINESS online and PLATFORMS that support each product and service across the organisation.
Join us in helping to DECIDE THE GAME and HAVE THE DIGITAL WORLD AT YOUR FEET.
The Role and Key Accountabilities
Reporting into the Head of Digital Governance and Transformation this role is responsible for the Portfolio Management Office that will drive operational governance for the Digital Technology Division of the FA. Rapid digital acceleration has brought organisational and operating model change to the forefront, the resulting push to product management must be supported by a good governance framework and culture. This role will be instrumental in the design, implementation and ongoing operation of the Digital Technology Portfolio Management Office.
* Operate the PMO for Digital Technology (DT)
* Instrumental in the design of a Portfolio Governance Framework for DT.
* Combine existing governance metrics for Service Delivery and the FA PMO, with newly defined agile governance metrics, ensuring the product led agile delivery framework demonstrates value created and its status visible for all FA stakeholders.
* Drive the development of a DT performance dashboard that will provide current operational status of the DT portfolio for both service, product and project delivery, financial and risk measurement including criteria for escalation.
* Own the PMO tooling and templates required to populate this Dashboard.
* Ensure the agreed metrics and reporting requirements are collected in a timely fashion and the DT performance dashboard provides an accurate picture of current status.
* Own and operate the overall DT Risk & Issues Log, with a view for escalation to DT Leadership Team and/or FA PMO
* Creates excellent working relationships with Product and Delivery Managers
* Direct contact of the FA PMO for monthly reporting and KPI's
DTE Operating Model
* Assists in ensuring compliance to FA Digital methodologies and frameworks
* Creates a library of DT methodologies, policies, processes and governance frameworks.
* Ensures there is clear change control for this library.
* Ensures on-boarding material and training is up to date and available for new starters
* Influences tools required for effective governance and library management
DTE Reporting & Stakeholder Communications
* Define and implement aggregate reporting packs on a monthly cadence to meet DT, FA PMO, FA Senior Management Team, Board requirements and wider grassroots stakeholders.
* Deliver agreed reporting that is insightful and engaging, but also drives actions and decisions that add value to both delivery and to the FA.
* Key focus on IT value creation and DT deliverables
* Automate reporting where possible
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
- Undergraduate degree
- Considerable experience in IT and business/industry
- Experience of managing large projects/programmes using project methodology and delivery frameworks, ideally agile
- Experience of delivery performance metrics, service level statistics and technology budget management
- Ability to write objective and concise reports summarising a lot of information
- Ability to judge escalation to Leadership team and above
- Ability to develop (or learn to develop) chosen technology tools, e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Share point, Service Now, Smartsheet
- Ability to influence management and key stakeholders
- Effective presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Previous PMO experience with P3O Practitioner highly desirable
- P3O Practitioner
- Agile certification, e.g., CSM
- Project Methodology Certification e.g., Prince
- Experience/knowledge of football at any level.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.