Player Services Manager
The position will be preferably based in the ITTF Asia-Pacific offices in Singapore, however depending upon the applicants, it is also possible for this position to be home based, anywhere in the world. Applicants should be willing to work as required rather than regular office hours, due to the nature of the work required for the job.
The ITTF Player Services Manager will report to the Competition Director based in Singapore.
To work towards establishing a cooperative relationship with the athletes and ensure that the best conditions and most relevant benefits are being delivered to the athletes during the ITTF Events.
Have a key role in ITTF’s professional services and ensure a high level of liaison between players and ITTF stakeholders, by working towards achieving the following objectives:
- Ensure Players’ service as a priority at the ITTF Major Events and ensure the star players are treated appropriately;
- Support the work of the Athletes’ Commission, working closely with the Chair, consulting with Commission members on plans and decisions and assist in administration;
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting projects of the ITTF Athletes Commission;
- Assist with the implantation of Athletes Commission projects;
- Deliver an ongoing athlete engagement strategy to ensure the players work closely with the ITTF to enhance the work for development of the sport and development of ITTF Major Events;
- Ensure Local Organizers are fully implementing the requirements for Players Services as per Event Directives at ITTF major events;
- When necessary, assist ITTF to conduct on-site inspections prior to major events.
- Ensure the players understand they have a point of contact with the ITTF;
- Working with Players to Ensure they conduct adequate media and promotional activities for ITTF and Local Organizing Committees;
- Work with the Local organizers of the ITTF World Tour and World Title Events to ensure the venue and its surrounds looks attractive;
- When in attendance at events, various assistance may be required across various areas, such as sponsorship implementation, media implementation, and supporting TV broadcast. Therefore, being a team player is vital for this role.
- From time to time, also work with other departments within the ITTF on various projects such as high performance, player pathway development, mass participation events, ITTF Foundation etc
- Other tasks as required by the Competition Department.
Candidates for the position of ITTF Players Service should demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary education in Sports Management, Marketing and/or Business;
- High level understanding of international sporting landscape;
- Experience in working with elite athletes;
- Strong organisational skills and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects;
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, particularly in the English language;
- Proven ability to build rapport with wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience within the sport of Table Tennis.
- Professional capacity to work in multiple languages, in particular Chinese, French &/or Spanish.