Player Education Co-ordinator (Men's)
Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation through Winning England Teams.
Support the Player Education Manager to deliver education and welfare within a world class men's national development squad programme.
- Implement the Player Education process across the men's national development squad age groups
- Coordinate the delivery of player learning plans when players attend any national development squad event
- Develop and maintain strong links with key stakeholders e.g. clubs - academies, schools, education providers, parent/carers etc
- Co-ordinate and support a team of Player Education Officers and assistants that work across the development squads age groups
- Contribute to the quality assurance process to ensure that Player Education and welfare standards are monitored on event
- Complete all Player Education correspondence to clubs, education providers and parent/carers, including notification of player selection and player event feedback
- Be a conduit of information for relevant parties, including parents/carers, education providers and clubs
- Provide regular updates to the Player Education Manager on all education and welfare matters
What we are looking for
- Qualified teacher status or equivalent
- Experience in the secondary or further education sector
- Experience of supporting talented young performers
- Progressive approach to teaching and learning with a proven track record of outstanding delivery
- Understanding of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, with experience of implementing safeguarding policies and procedures
- High level communication, written and organisational skills including IT literacy
- Willingness to work flexible hours e.g. weekends, evenings
- Willingness and ability to travel e.g. day visits and overnight stays
- Availability to travel up to 2-3 weeks in May / June to support formal exam facilitation
- Relevant experience of working in a football academy or equivalent
- Understanding and knowledge of football Academy education programmes
- Full clean driving licence required
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.