Planning & Integration Coordinator
FIFA and the Qatar LOC has created a new Joint Venture, which will be responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup 2022.
The Planning & Integration Coordinator supports the Functional Operations Planning Manager in designing and implementing all processes related to functional and clients operational planning; including the development of Concept of Operations, functional operational policies and procedures, service levels and others. The role of Planning & Integration Coordinator also includes coordination and organisation of governance forums and other meetings.
She/He must establish and maintain an excellent relationship with the Q22 counterparts and contribute in the conservation of a smooth collaboration between the Q22 projects, which shall contribute in the development of the functional operational documentation.
- Support in designing, developing and managing the development of the various versions of the FWC Qatar 2022 Concept of Operations; in close collaboration with Host Country Operations Planning, FIFA Planning and the Q22 projects
- In collaboration with the Q22 counterparts; review and monitor milestones, identify open issues registered during the various operational planning exercises to ensure this information is registered in the Risks, Actions, Issues and Decisions log, maintained by the Programme Management and Reporting function within PLI.
- Close cooperation with functions to develop the functional operational policies and procedures
- Service levels development – validate the service levels received by FIFA with all Q22 functions and ensure integration of this information in the Concept of Operations
- Ensure operational integration between Q22 projects
- Coordinate and organise integrated cross-entity governance meetings/forums which involve senior management
- Support the organization of other FIFA/Q22/HC working meetings and visits
- Manage the yearly calendar, which includes FIFA visits, meetings and forums, major events etc. and communicate with Q22 projects and senior management for regular updates
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience for large scale international sport events
- Experience in events management field of business
- Knowledge of major event planning and event project management processes
- Experience of working in the region and knowledge of local culture will be an added benefit
- Must be fluent in English, other languages are an added benefit
Planning & Integration Coordinator role:
- Experience in project management of mega events
- Experience in managing internal and external stakeholders to build cooperative and positive relationships
- Understanding of operations
- Communicates regularly with key individuals to ensure continuity and accuracy of information
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and under pressure
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage and coordinate governance forums, meetings and calendar
- Strong IT skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal
- Flexibility when faced with ambiguity or constant change
- Team player, willing to work on tight timelines and pitch in when needed
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence, especially when dealing with various internal and external stakeholders
- Track record of maintaining confidential and sensitive information
- High level of presentation and negotiating skills
- Excellent customer service experience