The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent to provide the high performance training system for eligible sports. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Senior Sport Physiotherapist, the Physiotherapist will be responsible for the following duties:
- To provide physiotherapy treatment and rehabilitation services for scholarship athletes including Para athletes, and to provide overseas on-field support;
- To liaise with coaches, sports medicine professionals, sports scientist, strength and conditioning coaches and related personnel on athletes’ rehabilitation, injury management, and the planning of injury prevention programmes;
- To plan and conduct sports medicine related research, educational programmes for athletes and coaches; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A university degree in physiotherapy, preferably a master degree in sports physiotherapy or a relevant discipline;
- Must be registered by the Hong Kong Physiotherapy Board, with a minimum of 2 years’ physiotherapy or sports relevant working experience;
- Experience in managing sports injury; experience in working with Para athletes is a definite advantage;
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Chinese. Ability to speak Putonghua is a definite advantage; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Please click ''apply'' to submit your cv with expected salary , or send the completed Application Form (http://www.hksi.org.hk/f/content_block/5310/Application%20Form_2020.doc) with indication of expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories. Applications will be GS-20231109-PHYSMC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Personal Data provided by appointees will be used strictly for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER