Partnership Strategy Professional - Sports
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA’s diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organisations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations.
Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world’s top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
CAA Sports is looking for a talented marketer to join Brand Solutions, the agency’s in-house, partnership strategy and sales enablement team. In your new role, you’ll collaborate with CAA’s Sports Property sellers and our rightsholder clients (e.g., LA Clippers, Formula 1, Madison Square Garden, Riot Games) to build go-to-market offerings that excite brand marketers and maximise sponsorship revenue. From naming rights deals to first-of-its-kind collaborations, you will help us create solutions that achieve an advertiser’s objectives. You will also help us develop deeper category knowledge, fan intelligence and property expertise so we can more quickly scale the team’s capabilities.
Based in London and reporting to the Director, Brand Solutions, you will join a growing team and focus on the following areas:
- Develop intelligence around top-spending industries (e.g., Technology, FinSrvcs, Auto, CPG).
- Conduct custom research on targeted brands, their industries and the audiences they value.
- Study emerging industry trends and activation best practices to inform custom solutions.
- Package learnings into educational materials that can be shared with CAA’s sellers and clients.
- Build and maintain deep relationships with our sports property clients, to surface their most exciting, sponsorable assets, audience insights, history, and heritage as well as their success stories.
- You will transform these learnings into high-impact sales enablement tools to position (and differentiate) the rightsholder’s opportunity in the marketplace.
- Internalise a brand’s brief and recommend, actionable custom solutions.
- Collaborate with design partners to bring your ideas to life in pitch materials.
- Mine industry trades, business publications, analyst reports to surface emerging trends and brand targets.
- Mentor and manage intern talent assigned to the Sports Property Sales team including recruitment, skill-building and coaching.
- Surface the agency’s best, case studies addressing common brand objectives and create a searchable library.
- Oversee and manage the agency’s business intelligence and trade subscriptions. Identify any new resources that could add value to the team.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Previous experience in a consultative, sports marketing role
- Demonstrated experience building new marketing platforms and sales enablement tools
- Ability to leverage research and insights to rationalise partnership recommendations
- Possess exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
- Naturally curious and resourceful person
- Plan and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Strong attention to detail and highly organised
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Track record of successfully working within a team
- Passion for sports, entertainment, and contemporary culture a plus