Part-time Windsurfing Coach
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Head Windsurfing Coach / Assistant Coaches, the Part-time Windsurfing Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
- To implement training programmes for elite athletes in Hong Kong;
- To fully utilize and integrate scientific, medical and other athlete support services into the elite training programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To monitor athlete performance through comprehensive, multi-method assessment and regular evaluation; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Holder of a university degree; or post-secondary Certificate/ Diploma in sports-related fields, or its equivalent;
- Holder of valid coaching certificate issued by the relevant governing body;
- A minimum of 2 years professional coaching experience;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Please click 'apply' to submit your CV with expected salary or send the completed Application Form with indication of expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: hrdept @hksi.org.hk on or before 20 March 2023. Please quote reference no. GS-20230314-PTWIC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER