We are looking for a Paralegal to join our team to assist in the prosecution of anti-doping rule violation matters and to provide general legal and administrative support.
- To assist in the prosecution of anti-doping rule violation matters.
- To provide general legal and administrative support.
- To work with the Legal Team to ensure the highest quality legal advice is made available to the organisation in the most efficient way.
- Educated to degree level preferably with additional legal qualification such as LPC, BPTC
- Demonstrable experience in-house and/or within private practice of handling or assisting in relation to:
- Working with anti-doping rules and regulations (preferable)
- Preparing for hearings
- Drafting and reviewing commercial contracts
- Experience of communicating and presenting to a variety of levels of seniority and backgrounds
- Experience of managing sensitive and confidential information in an appropriate manner
- Experience of analysing legal documents for accuracy
- In depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with a network of key people internally and externally
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Self-aware and excellent interpersonal, influencing, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to work proactively with external suppliers
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work under a tight schedule with competing deadlines
- Ability to use Microsoft Office proficiently
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and accrue one days annual leave for every year of service, up to 30 days
- Two days paid Sports Leave and one day paid Volunteer Leave per annual leave year
- Christmas closure, between Christmas and New Year (not deducted from your holiday allowance)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Healthy Lifestyle Benefit
- Flexible Start and Finish times (start between 08:00 – 10:00 finish between 16:15 – 18:15)
- One working from home day per week after successful completion of probationary period
- Eye care Vouchers
- Government Pension Scheme (LPGS) with four per cent pension allowance on top of your basic salary
How to Apply
- UKAD Application Form
- Criminal Convictions Declaration Form
- Conflicts of Interest Form
- Equal Opportunities Form
CVs and/or cover letters will not be accepted.
Please note: The place of work for this role is currently Fleetbank House, London. UKAD is intending to relocate many of its roles to offices on the Loughborough University Campus in the future. We are currently looking at which roles this will affect but no decision has yet been made. There will be an opportunity to discuss this further if you are invited for interview.