Para Football Talent Identification Lead - FTC 6 months
Division: Technical Directorate
Location: Home based
Vacancy Type: Full-time, Fixed Term Contract
Win the World Cups in 2023 and sustain success thereafter. To deliver against this inspiring goal we are changing how we work, reallocating resources and investing heavily to create a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St George's Park in Staffordshire. This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA in an integral role to the organisation achieving its goals.
Reporting to the Para Football Talent Pathway Manager, this role will lead and manage the talent identification within the Para Football Performance Pathway.
Key responsibilities include;
- Leadership of England Talent Day Programme and development of Regional England Talent Day Programme.
- Development, management and delivery of talent identification training across National and Regional partners and networks (including Premier League, EFL, NDSOs and National Impairment Specific Organisations).
- Management of all relevant individual player data (including eligibility documentation) via identified management systems.
- Establishment of programmes to assist with the transition from grassroots into the performance pathway.
- Establishment of player profiles across the identification phase and specific impairment groups.
- Establishment of face to face and remote recruitment networks nationally across internal and external stakeholders.
- Management and co-ordination of the scouting network and production/collation of associated reports.
- Monitoring of talent based investment into CFAs/ETDs/Talent ID Workshops and partner EFL and PL programmes.
- Working in collaboration across The FA to establish a referral system for disabled players identified within partner's school/youth programmes.
- Supporting the engagement and training of groups and development of effective referral systems as part of the Talent Inclusion Project.
- Management of players referred between mainstream and Emerging Talent Programme environments.
- Contribute to and/or prepare reports for the National Elite Development Manager/Tale or as and when required for The FA Disability Football Committee, Sport England or other areas of FA work.
- Team Management and co-ordination for an England Elite Impairment Specific Squad.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a high performance sport and talent environment, as well as a track record of delivering Talent Identification programmes. You will have proven ability to manage and implement national and regional football/sports development programmes/projects; including people management on a national and regional basis. You will demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
You will display behaviours to maintain and enhance good relationships which will help develop The FA's positive professional profile across the business and the wider industry. We are looking for candidates from a range of backgrounds with experience of disability sport and an in depth understanding of disability football at a national and regional level.
This is a fixed term role for 6 months a homebased with the requirement to travel nationally on a regular basis.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter