Overlay Manager - Venue Development and Overlay
B2022 are looking for an Overlay Manager to undertake the design and management of Games Overlay (temporary facilities and installations). This position will be contributing to overlay design and drafting of Birmingham 2022 venues.
B2022 are looking for an Overlay Manager to undertake the design and management of Games Overlay (temporary facilities and installations).
The successful candidate will manage and undertake projects within the Venue Development Programme. This position will be contributing to overlay design and drafting of Birmingham 2022 venues with AutoCAD software, and will assist the Overlay Cluster Managers in client FA liaison to facilitate venue designs considering all relevant opportunities and constraints.
- Design and project management of Games Overlay for Sports Venues and Non-Competition Venues as assigned by the Overlay Cluster Managers.
- Assist the Overlay (Temporary Structures) Design Lead and Overlay Cluster Managers in the design process.
- Production of design drawings and information using AutoCad, ensuring that Birmingham 2022 Design Standards and Quality standards are complied with.
- Ensure design is compliant with legislation and that overlay requirements are planned, designed and delivered safely and in accordance with health and safety legislation.
- Undertake technical studies to evaluate options or validate proposals for Venue Development and Games Overlay.
- Under the direction of the Overlay Cluster Managers, coordinate with functional area teams to develop scope and deliver to meet Games time requirements, ensuring facilities are fit for purpose for Games client groups. Work closely with venue teams for planning, scope development and delivery.
- Venue visits and validation of design information against site conditions.
- Work with design and engineering consultants during planning phases for scope and project development.
- Coordinate design information between contractors and suppliers.
- Assist the VDO department in design supporting documentation ensuring that comments trackers, schedules, risk/issues registers etc are accurate, up to date and delivered on time.
- Manage/control budget implications of any proposed design solutions and ensure design of overlay layouts are developed in line with budget constraints.
- Assist Overlay Cluster managers to develop and maintain overlay fit-out and construction schedules together with removal/reinstatement phases.
Skills and Experience Required:
- AutoCAD software experience in Architectural environment required.
- Design-related professional qualification with post qualification experience.
- Knowledge of Building Regulations & British Standards and how to apply them.
- Experienced in production of procurement drawings and integration with supplier design information
- An understanding of overlay
- Previous sport venue overlay and design experience of Multi-Sport Games is essential
- Demonstrated ability and experience of working with statutory authorities such as Planning, Building Control and Licensing to obtain required approval.
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. For more information or to download a guaranteed interview scheme form to include with your application please see the B2022 Get Involved/jobs page on the B2022 website.
To apply for this role, submit your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience match our requirements, along with the Disability Confident form (if applicable).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. (Please see the B2022 Get Involved/Jobs page on the B2022 website to download the applicant privacy notice)