The Venue Development and Overlay Department (VDO) is responsible for the planning, design and operational delivery of temporary infrastructure for all competition/training venues and non-competition venues including the athletes villages. This includes the adaptation of new and existing venues and development of complete temporary venues. The Department provides design integration of venue requirements for all Birmingham 2022 operational departments and external partners, including host broadcast and security.
Birmingham 2022 are looking for 5 Overlay Managers to undertake the detailed planning, Management and Operational delivery of Games Overlay (temporary facilities and installations). The successful candidates will be involved in project management of venue overlay scope, budgets and programming driving the detailed design process forwards, in close liaison with suppliers, stakeholder management and operational planning for overlay construction/delivery.
- Design co-ordination and project management of Games Overlay for Sports Venues and Non-Competition Venues.
- Manage overlay scope, implement change management processes and budget control for venues within responsibility
- Develop and maintain overlay fit-out and construction schedules together with removal/reinstatement phases.
- Work closely with venue teams for planning, scope development, confirmation and delivery of Games time requirements, ensuring facilities are fit for purpose for Games client groups.
- Venue site visits and validation of designed solutions against site conditions.
- Undertake technical studies to evaluate options or validate proposals for Venue Development and Games Overlay.
- Coordinate design information between contractors and suppliers.
- Work with Turnkey suppliers, venue owners, functional areas and engineering consultants during detailed planning phases to finalise venue designs and scope confirmation.
- Operational planning for overlay installation/construction phases and games-time site management services.
Skills and Experience
- Previous Multi-Sport Games venue overlay experience and ability to direct design processes and interpret technical drawings. Ability to integrate design information with suppliers/stakeholders.
- A sound understanding of overlay / large scale event operational delivery process.
- Demonstrated ability and experience of working with statutory authorities such as Town Planning and Building Control Departments to obtain required approvals.
- Excellent Project Management and cost/budget management skills
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative professional relationships & manage internal / external stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure, on multiple tasks.
- High level of organisational skills and experience in managing multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills. Proficient IT skills; Word, Excel, Microsoft Project and the like.
- Demonstrable strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An understanding of The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015) through design and delivery project phases, together with knowledge of duty holder responsibilities and working on a live construction site as part of the client Project Management Team.
- AutoCAD software experience in an overlay / multi sport environment
- Knowledge of Building Regulations & British Standards and how to apply them.
- Previous budget / cost control process experience
- Experienced in production of procurement drawings and integration with supplier design information
Salary - Competitive
Start date - February 2021
Location - Birmingham
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We are working towards achieving Leaders in Diversity through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.