The Outside Presentation Facilities (OPF) will be located at a unique location within Qatar, allowing Media Rights Licensees (MRLs) to run their TV studio operations with a unique image from the Host Country as a backdrop.
Under the guidance of the TV Operations Senior Manager, the OPF Manager is responsible for the co-ordination and management of all non-technical front and back-of-house services at the Outside Presentation Facilities (OPF) for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™, from the planning and set-up phases through the installation and post-Event dismantling phases, as well as during the Event itself.
She or He must establish and maintain an excellent relationship with FIFA, Host Country and other relevant Project areas within Q22, and contribute in the conservation of a smooth and efficient communication flow.
The OPF Manager, under the supervision of the TV Operations Senior Manager, shall be responsible for:
- Monitoring and coordinating OPF construction works in order to ensure their compliance with FIFA-set deadlines and in alignment with Q22 deadlines.
- Planning and coordinating the delivery of non-technical services at the OPF.
- Acting as the on-site contact for all FIFA stakeholders including the Host Broadcaster (HB) and suppliers
- Planning and co-ordinating ancillary services with FIFA, the OPF venue management team, and Q22 and Host Country functional area counterparts to ensure the highest level of services for OPF users. Such services include accreditation, security, transport, medical, cleaning & waste, catering and emergency & disaster management.
- Planning, organizing, managing and co-ordinating the day-to-day OPF operations (excluding broadcast and technical operations).
- Managing the relevant documentation procedure with the HB for the handover and handback of the venue, ensuring processes & procedures are communicated clearly in advance to all stakeholders.
- Managing the response to all non-technical front and back-of-house issues at the OPF during the planning and construction phases, as well as during the Event itself.
- Supporting the signage & branding team on the installation of the ‘look and feel’ of the OPF. Coordinating with other project areas within Q22, FIFA, and other stakeholders to ensure venue requirements are captured in the design of the ‘look and feel’; in particular directional & emergency signage.
- Assisting in the installation and supervision of any Convenience services provided at the OPF.
- Working closely with the Q22 event logistics team on day-to-day logistics issues, and co-ordinating logistical matters for OPF stakeholders.
- Co-ordination and supervision of the set-up and dismantling of all Overlay put in place by the service providers.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- A minimum experience of 10 years in event management, preferably in a similar position
- Proven track record in managing complex projects, including both pre-event planning and event time implementation
- University degree in appropriate subject (or adequate training/vocational education)
- Excellent customer service experience
- High level of presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Strong IT skill including MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Must be fluent in English, written and spoken. Knowledge of Arabic is a strong asset. Any other languages are an added benefit
- Ability to manage, coordinate a group of people working in the same project under him or her
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Exceptional planning, organisational and administrative skills
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence
- Knowledge of event planning - any event project management process is an added benefit
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills are expected
- Flexibility when faced with ambiguity or constant change
- Excellent ability to work under pressure