Olympic Results & Information Services (ORIS) Deputy Manager
Provides management over specific areas Games Results project, working in cooperation with IOC Sports, Games Organising
Department: Technology and Information Department
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Open-Ended
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: 01/11/2019
Deadline to apply: 10/09/2019
Under the direction of the DTI Games Technology Head of Olympic Results & Information Services (ORIS):
- Provides management over specific areas Games Results project, working in cooperation with IOC Sports, Games Organising
- Manages specific aspects of the ORIS Process
- Manages development and implementation of the ORIS programme schedule
- Ensures respect of deadlines, quality of the deliverable and project budget
- Contributes to the ORIS team management, including team scheduling, tasks follow-up and logistics
- Manages regular reporting on progress and issues with regards to the ORIS process for each Host City
- Contributes to the organisation of the ORIS team meetings
- Supports development and maintenance of the annual ORIS budget
ORIS / YORIS / ODF / Live screens requirements documentation:
- Manages document reviews
- Actively promotes development and improvements evolution of documentation
Olympic Results & Information Services (ORIS) Meetings:
- Participates and actively contributes to some ORIS meetings for Olympic Games
- Supports the management of consolidation meetings
Olympic and Youth Olympic Games:
- Produces / maintains IOC documents shared with the Organising Committees (OCOG)
- Participates in each Games ORIS/Results kick-off (Olympic Games only)
- Participates in some Test Events in support of the results testing in collaboration with OCOG and IF representatives
- Participates in the Games as a part of the Technical Assistance and Observation (TAO) team, working directly with specific sports in cooperation with IOC Sports, OCOG/YOGOC and International Federations.
- Contributes to the Games debrief planning and delivery, managing transfer of knowledge to future Games organisers
- In collaboration with Games Technology and the OCOG Technology team, supports planning and delivery of Technical Rehearsals (Olympic Games)
- For specific sports, under the direction of Head of ORIS, manages results applications testing organisation and follow-up
- Manages production and maintenance of ORIS internal documents
- Reviews documents produced by IOC stakeholders (e.g. OCOG’s policies and procedures, IFs rules or competition format definition)
- Elaborates presentations as required
Training and language and IT skills
- Higher education qualification or equivalent (master’s/bachelor’s degree, Federal diploma, etc.) or equivalent professional experience.
- 3-5 years of experience of project and team management.
- 2-3 Olympic or Youth Olympic Games IT / Results management experience
- Mother tongue English or French, but high proficiency in written and spoken English is a must.
- High command in XML
- High proficiency of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Web developer is a plus
The International Olympic Committee is a not-for-profit independent organisation committed to building a better world through sport. By joining us, you become part of the Olympic Movement. You will have the opportunity to work in an international and flexible environment with people of more than 50 nationalities.