This appointment is for the role of RLWC2021 Non-Executive Director, acting as the company’s nominated representative on the RLWC2021 Board.
Rugby League World Cup 2021 - Non-Executive Director
- The appointment will be until December 2021.
- A commitment to be available to support the tournament a maximum of 1-2 days per calendar month is required.
- Meeting expenses and travel will be paid.
- To help ensure that the Board operates in line with the Code for Sports Governance, and that it demonstrates the highest standards of integrity at all times.
- To ensure that the Board is effective in discussing and setting the company’s strategic direction in delivering the Rugby League World Cup 2021.
- To act as a member of the Board, offering guidance, support, expertise and an objective perspective on the key matters of strategy, governance, commercial and financial affairs, and risk management.
- To sit on specialist sub-groups of the Board as appropriate and agreed, particularly in respect of the specific skills and experience that each director brings.
- To play a key part in the decision-making process on strategic and governance issues.
- To ensure that the organisation is run in a transparent and equitable manner.
- To act in accordance with the Board of Directors’ Code of Conduct at all times.
- To help identify and manage any conflicts of interest that might arise within the Board.
- To offer advice and guidance in a consultative capacity to the executive as required, helping to ensure that the organisation has a robust, workable and viable operational strategy, and monitoring theperformance of the organisation (and the executive management) against that strategy.
- To maintain positive relationships with major external stakeholders.
While all applications will be welcome, the Board is particularly keen to hear from applicants with strong experience in the broadcast / digital sector.
- A strategic and collaborative approach to objective setting and decision-taking with the ability to facilitate focused and relevant discussions.
- A strong understanding of non-executive leadership, delivering results within a complex operating environment.
- Proven experience of public life and of organisations where there are political interests. Able to negotiate outcomes and gain stakeholder support for the board’s decisions.
- Good knowledge of corporate and sports governance board-level responsibilities, and accustomed to the principles of public sector propriety, regularity and accountability. Able to ‘lead from the front’ in terms of demonstrating the highest standards of integrity at all times.
- Passionate about the success of the event and able to demonstrate a strong affinity to the sport and/or region.
- Experience of being a member of boards of companies (or events) of comparable size, and experience in successfully setting and implementing strategy and managing risk in those organisations.
- Evidence of success in your chosen career, good all-round business acumen with proven experience, skills and knowledge of the requirements to lead a successful company.