MSc in Sports Industry Management
As a student of this program, you will develop a cross-functional vision of the sports industry, learn from internationally renowned experts and gain a solid professional experience thanks to partnership with key players and networking opportunities.
How long is the program?
The programme takes place over 18 months
What will I learn?
Drawing from emlyon’s expertise in international sports business management partnering with some of the world's major sports companies this program aims to match young, globally-minded talent with their dream sports career as a result of the MSc in Sports Industry Management master program.
Academic content will include modules in Paris, France like:
- Strategic Thinking & Management
- Sports Business Fundamentals & Performance
- Innovator and Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Data Driven Decision Making & Digital Innovation
- Leadership & Ethics
As well as a module in Quebec, Canada in partnership with HEC Montreal & Laval University :
- Understand the North American Sports Business Environment
- Sports Society and Politics
- Issues and Challenges of Managing Self in Sports Organizations
Who will I learn from?
Antoine Haincourt: Program Director / Expert Associate
- Spent 15+ years analyzing the evolution of brand management working in strategy, consulting, executive training (Group Les Échos)
- Served as head of marketing in the sports industry for the past 10 years (ex. Petzl)
- Specializes in helping businesses cope with the changing perceptions of customers towards their brands.
- Teaches businesses how to have optimal strategies that understand, improve, cultivate and execute innovation culture and branding strategy to stay ahead of competition.
- Active venture partner and investor in the sport’s tech industry.
- Works closely with world-reknowned companies (Nike, PSG, Adidas, Wilson, Under Armour)
You will also be taught by a number of high-level lecturers who have a strong experience in the sport industry.
What is the schedule for the program?
(August-March): Paris, France
- Attend and complete required course work
- Participate in company consulting projects
- Travel during International Seminars
(April-June): Quebec, Canada
- Attend and complete required course work
- Participate in Quebec in-company project
(July-Dec): Anywhere in the world
- Complete your professional thesis
- Participate in a 4-6 month internship with a company of your choice
How do I find my internship?
emlyon business school will give you all the support and tools you need to find the right internship. In the case that you already secure professional employment, you may directly begin working and this will also count towards the professional experience required to get your degree and graduate from the program.
How much does the program cost?
Am I eligible for the program?
Students holding one of the following degrees can apply for the MSc in Sports Industry Management:
- A validated Master 1 degree or Bachelor's degree equivalent to Bac + 4
- A validated Licence 3 degree or Bachelor's degree equivalent to Bac+3 (limited to 30% of the cohort)
What is the application process like?
- Application File: includes mandatory documents such as proof of identity, education, transcripts, etc.
- Digital Test: includes cognitive and professional role-playing scenarios to see if you match the program and emlyon’s “early maker spirit.”
- Admission Results: after your digital test, you will receive an email as soon as possible to confirm you entry or denial into the program
What career opportunities will I have?
The MSc in Sports Industry Management prepares you for management careers within companies active in sports and outdoor and entertainment related industries.
Support in your career search and acquisition is constantly provided:
- Workshops: Careers workshops help you prepare for your internship search and future career.
- Self-assessment tools and individual coaching provide you with the opportunity to prepare your next move into a career in the sports business industry
- Sector specific resources including databases with internship and job offers
- Events: Over 200 companies visit emlyon business school campuses each year and provide students with continuous access to the professional community for networking with sports professionals and experts from around the globe
- Global alumni network: 35,700+ alumni in 130+ countries around the world
Job Placement Statistics:
Time taken to accept job offer:
- 98% within 6 months
- 82% signed long-term contract (CDI) within 6 months
Strategic Account Manager • Social Media Manager • Business Developer • Digital Marketing Manager • Sponsorship Manager • Product Owner • Project Manager • Account Manager • Technology Strategy and Advisory Manager • Digital Project & Change Manager
Organisations Who Recruit Our Students:
Adidas • Amazon • Boardriders • Columbia • Decathlon • Discovery • Eurosport • FFF • FFT • FIA • Footovision • Havas Sport • Netco Mailman • Nielsen Sports • Nike • OL • OM • Paris 2024 • Patagonia • PSG • Puma • Salomon • Sportfive • Sport Radar • Tencent • The North Face • Ubisoft • Zalando • Etc.