FIFA and the Qatar LOC have created a new Joint Venture which will be responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
The Mobilisation Coordinator is the focal point for all Operational Readiness related deliverables of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC and is the key liaison with the Operational Readiness central planning and all IT teams, facilitating the planning and implementation of the FWC IT operational readiness strategy.
- Lead the FWC IT mobilisation strategy, policies and procedures as well as lead all the related mobilisation projects, ensuring alignment with the Q22 Central Planning and FWC IT operational readiness strategies.
- Act as key liaison with Q22 areas responsible for providing services to IT workforce as Accreditation, Transport, Uniform, Accommodations, Catering, Clean and Waste, keeping all communications aligned in order to ensure the appropriate services to the teams.
- Act as focal point for all IT contractors and volunteers, keeping them informed on the policies applied in Q22.
- Plan with IT teams the redeployment of the positions and shifts required of the workforce for providing the services at all stages of the projects, including but not limited to test events and technical rehearsals.
- Monitor with the IT teams the elaboration of all IT policies and procedures and trainings and control of the attendance and performance review of the teams.
- Keep controls and lessons learned regarding the workforce performance, especially after testing opportunities in order to contribute with the training strategies and optimal performances.
- Develop reports and keep change management of the IT workforce plan with IT leads, contractors and HR.
- Define and perform scheduling and rostering of the IT teams as well as support all teams, including contractors, on getting the necessary access to the venues and spaces, parking and catering and other services.
- Review contracts and ensure necessary operational readiness services to the IT suppliers, and partners, keeping them oriented about all the policies in this regard in place.
- Ensure all aspects of the operational readiness are implemented as agreed in the IT Operational Readiness Strategy.
- Lead and support elaboration of training and scenarios from all IT teams for the technical rehearsals.
- Coordinate and follow-up with various providers ensuring delivery of operational readiness services as per agreed service levels.
- Take part on setting up the IT service levels and responsibility matrix with all operational readiness relevant areas, as workforce, accreditation, transport, catering and others.
- Ensure that all information pertaining to IT training, policies and procedure are up to date, communicated to and understood, by the IT teams and respective delivery teams.
- Ensure all IT Operational Readiness tasks and exercises are completed as per scope, within budget and on schedule.
- Effectively manage stakeholders and perform adequate communication with relevant parties; especially other Q22 areas in incident and problem solving.
- Active participation in venues design discussions to define IT seating plan and accesses.
- Plan in collaboration with FIFA, Host Country and the suppliers for the central support and monitoring of the Operational readiness services during the tournament and Competition Related Events.
- Support onboarding of all Q22/FIFA rate card suppliers in the operational readiness aspects.
- Support the IT master schedule plan, maintain all the project management controls, developing regular progress, risk and issue management reports according to IT governance and keep counterparts aligned.
- Ensure positive attitude and good relationship with all the parties, including FIFA teams, Q22 areas/projects, clients, suppliers and Host Country.
- Any other duties that may be required.
- A minimum experience of 5-8years in an Event IT environment and/or Workforce
- University degree or similar higher education, in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business administration or related field
- Strong IT skills and knowledge, especially in project management and people management
- PMP certification
- Strong Project Management skills, with extensive experience in leading large scale, complex IT projects
- Experience in international sports / event management
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience or knowledge of local culture is essential
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in Arabic is an asset.
- Team Player, willing to work to tight timelines
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence.