Membership Engagement Coordinator Africa (f/m/x)
ABOUT THE IPC
At the IPC, we work as one team, aligned and focused on fulfilling our vision and mission.The IPC’s vision is for an inclusive world through Para sport. We believe that Change Starts With Sport, and that the work of the Paralympic Movement is a catalyst for driving social inclusion and advancing the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. The IPC seeks to use the influential global position of the Paralympic Movement and the growing profile of Para athletes to challenge the stigma attached to disability and empower social transformation.
The IPC is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. We supervise the organisation of the Paralympic Games and Paralympic Winter Games and serve as International Federation for 10 Para sports. We enjoy a positive working relationship with the IPC Governing Board, members of which are democratically-elected every four years by the IPC General Assembly. The IPC is a purpose-driven non-profit association. Our mission is to lead the Paralympic Movement, oversee the delivery of the Paralympic Games and support members to enable Para athletes to achieve sporting excellence. Since 1989, we have been creating change through sport with the Paralympic Games and Paralympic athletes at our core.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time Membership Engagement Co-ordinator Africa (f/m/x) in an international and multicultural team at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting as soon as possible.
Core responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary liaison between the IPC and our members, developing relationships, providing responsive support and driving engagement in IPC activities and events, with a focus on Africa
- Ensure that the needs of our members are well represented within the IPC through close collaboration with relevant IPC departments and the Agitos Foundation
- Work with our members to enhance their governance – helping them build sustainable structures and strategies to support their Para Athletes, in line with the IPC Handbook and IPC Strategic Plan, with the support of International Federations, Governments and other key stakeholders
- Support the coordination of key international events including the IPC General Assembly, Membership Gathering and NPC Services at the Paralympic Games
- Execute and support other tasks or projects related to Membership
Core requirements include:
- have a university-level degree in a related field, such as International Relations, Communications, Sport or Management
- have proven working experience in a related industry, preferably in a multi-cultural environment in Africa and/or working with African stakeholders (sport event experience is a plus)
- possess excellent communication and presentation skills in English and French
- possess strong relationship-building, diplomacy and problem-solving skills
- have the ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and maintain deadlines
- be independent, resourceful and adaptable
- be willing to travel internationally and work flexible hours during events
- have an excellent knowledge of productivity tools incl. Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- have a deep passion and commitment to work for the Paralympic Movement
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested and provide a good match with our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English and in pdf format via the link below
We especially encourage individuals with an impairment to apply; we support the relocation process and provide transitional accessible accommodation. For further information on the IPC, please contact us or visit our website.