Media Sales Intelligence Manager
We are committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Building the big moments - we deliver unforgettable sporting events
Infront is all about sports. Active in more than 25 sports, we cover all aspects of a successful sporting event from the distribution of media rights, sponsorship, media production, event operations through to digital solutions. If you share our passion for sport, we may just be the right fit for you.
We are looking for a Media Sales Intelligence Manager to start as soon as possible.
- To lead the Media Intelligence team working across all aspects of sports media to deliver value and assist Infront’s media rights-in and rights-out process and activities across all territories and properties.
- This includes providing dedicated support, resources and expertise with regard to intelligence/research on a range of topics (e.g., broadcasters, markets, audience ratings, media rights values, sports properties) to support both rights-in negotiation and bidding opportunities, as well as rights-out sales coordination and preparation, prospecting, going to market approaches and post-event reviews.
- Support ongoing account management of Infront's properties to achieve best-in-class reporting and deliver actionable insight to support clients.
Rights-Out Media Sales Support/ Preparation
- Dedicated support to both property responsible and territory responsible personnel in terms of data collection and analysis, client meeting and sales material preparation, market-specific developments, and key account management (e.g., fulfilment/end-of-season reports, after sales services, contractual obligations).
- Support in the development of state-of-the-art, property and market specific media sales materials (e.g. best in class sales presentations and other sales material).
Media Sales Coordination
- Strengthening Infront’s media sales by supporting group-wide media sales activities and closely working with key media sales personnel, particularly from the Zug and Milano sales hubs.
- Support in the preparation and running of internal media sales workshops and conference calls, as well as external trade shows and conferences.
- Managing, controlling, reporting and further developing Infront’s media sales related CRM system and solutions.
Support Rights-In Media Acquisition Opportunities
- Assistance and support of rights-in bid and tender management and coordination and preparation of related documents and materials – primarily through media-specific research and intelligence but also in other areas including economic trends, fan engagement analysis, sponsorship take-up.
Intelligence / Research and Internal Knowledge Transfer
- Identification and management of internal media-related intelligence tools, services, and solutions including budgeting, commissioning and monitoring.
- Internal knowledge gathering and transfer.
- Creation of data research and documentation of relevant clients, territories, properties, sports, competitors, prospects including creating benchmark studies, trend analysis / reports, best practice, and knowledge sharing documents.
- Acting as a key interface between internal media sales related units / working groups (e.g., Infront X, Production) with a view to further creating synergies and internal capability building.
- Be a point of contact with all external research agencies including playing an integral role in the tender process for research acquisition.
- Coordination with Business Development personnel on media rights and media intelligence topics.
- Provide assistance to other Infront Business Units and Infront Group Companies in terms of media insights / intelligence for relevant rights-in and rights-out opportunities.
- Advanced education (university bachelor degree)
- 5+ years experience in the sports (or entertainment) media research industry. Experience at a TV or OTT broadcaster advantageous
Skills & competencies:
- Extensive understanding of the media and broadcasting landscape and close relationship with media and business intelligence providers. Knowledge of sports media landscape advantageous
- Fluency with TV and OTT media and audience metrics. Knowledge of advertising and sponsorship valuations advantageous
- Data-driven person with in-depth knowledge of research and insight methodologies, data capturing and knowledge creation and transfer
- Strong and proven analytic, communication, writing/drafting and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft CRM, Teams, SharePoint
- Sound understanding of sales processes, pitches and after sales services
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong attitude towards high quality, excellence in delivery and ‘client-first’ thinking (external & internal)
- Sound understanding of sports business/economics and standards relating to rightsowners as well as traditional and non-linear broadcasters
- Strong team spirit
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Very strong commitment to Infront’s strategy, vision, and values
- Interest in and knowledge of sports media business would be advantageous
- English fluently (written and oral)
- Additional languages advantageous
- Are you ready to contribute to transforming and enhancing every aspect of the sports industry? Unite your passion for sports with a rewarding career by joining our ONE team of talented, highly-motivated and hard-working individuals. Please submit your online application now.
Infront is an equal opportunities employer.