Media Account Assistant - German Speaker
Only applicants who are Swiss, a resident of Switzerland with a valid work permit, or an EU citizen, and who speak fluent German and English, will be considered for this position.
CAA Eleven is UEFA’s exclusive agent appointed to manage the centralised commercial rights (broadcast, sponsorship and licensing rights) of the UEFA Nations League, the European Qualifiers, the UEFA EURO 2024 & 2028 and all other UEFA national team competitions.
CAA Eleven (based in Nyon) is the Swiss subsidiary of the US-based marketing agency, Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
Purpose of the Job
CAA Eleven’s Media unit is responsible for the sales of broadcast rights (Media Sales) and the account management and rights delivery for UEFA broadcast partners (Media Account Management).
As part of the Media Account Management team, the Media Account Assistant will provide administrative support to the team in the implementation and organisation of dedicated events and projects related to the account management of the broadcast partners, especially in the lead up to UEFA EURO 2024 competition.
The Media Account Assistant will provide support in key projects such as Public Screening, Production, Digital & Research. In addition, the Media Account Assistant will have the responsibility of managing UEFA’s back-office platform (FAME) for related projects, producing and updating important documents (e.g. overview of broadcasters bookings), delivering presentations & organisation of workshops.
The daily work takes place mainly in our offices in Nyon / Switzerland. During the UEFA EURO 2024, it is expected that the offices will move to Germany.
- Support the Media Account Management team in the day-to-day activities.
- Provide support to the team in organisation and/or invitation of broadcasters to UEFA events/competitions by using UEFA’s on-line platform available to all stakeholders.
- Liaise with the Media unit assistant to coordinate travel plans, hotel bookings and transportation arrangements for the media account management team.
- Manage media account management team calendar including key project deadlines (both internally and for broadcasters), present it in the weekly team meeting and ensure it is up to date.
- Support the public screening project by managing the public screening inbox and delivering the licenses on behalf of UEFA.
- Support the digital services project by liaising internally and with UEFA to define the best digital solutions for broadcasters and manage the day-to-day operations with UEFA.
- Liaise with the account management team (and other stakeholders if necessary) to prepare, format, and edit all presentations and documentation for broadcast partners and/or UEFA.
- Help the account management team in the preparation, setup and organisation of workshops and broadcast partners meetings.
- Management of and support for competition specific operational topics (e.g. IBC setup).
- Build a strong business relationship with UEFA and UEFA broadcast partners.
- Bachelor degree in sports, marketing, sales or advertising (business school or university degree).
- One, two years’ experience in the sports rights and/or media field (also as part of an internship).
- Experience in (sports) events administration is an advantage.
- Experience in working for an international agency, broadcaster or rights holder is an advantage.
Business know-how and IT-skills
- Good understanding of the global broadcast market and related sports rights.
- IT-literate (MS Office, presentation tools).
- Excellent communication skills: a high standard of written and spoken English together with an attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills: able to work under pressure and keep sense of priority.
- Excellent team spirit: cooperates well with colleagues and clients.
- Solution-oriented: capacity to analyse situations and to pro-actively propose solutions.
- Client-orientated: be reliable and build strong relationship with clients.
- Flexible: ability to adapt to changing environment.
- Confidentiality: manages sensible information with care.
- Culture: multicultural education or experience.
- English: Fluent.
- German: Fluent.
- Interested candidates should send a CV and motivation letter