MBA OF LALIGA: International MBA in Sports and Entertainment Management
The MBA degree is designed to bring you only the best resources from two of the most dynamic and competitive industries, Sports and Entertainment, and present them in a practical environment to supplement your learning.
The “MBA of LaLiga” is a pioneering Global MBA. It is the first MBA designed with a specific focus to unite, Sports and Entertainment, as a Global Business.
Limited Places Available
Language of Instruction: English
Who we are:
- Educational Department of LaLiga
- Project created and promoted by LaLiga
- Transversal, educating talent all over the world
- With an objective to pursue the development of future professionals in various fields of sports management
- Following/ Based on the management model of LaLiga, leader of purposeful transformation in the new era of sport
- Sharing and spreading knowledge (and our expertise) with the agents of future transformation
- In a world of change, innovation and entrepreneurship our aim is to work together to boost this evolution and achieve personal development
Programme and Structure:
Module 1 - MANAGEMENT IN THE SPORTS INDUSTRY: “Effective and Efficient Leadership”
- General Management: Strategic Management – Financial Management – Legal Management – Planning and Control – Human Resources
- Sports Industry Environment: Economic Analysis – Sports Environment – New Dimensions and Key Trends
Module 2 – THE NEW MARKETING: “Customer Experience Driven”
- Traditional Marketing: Strategic and Operational – Brand Management – Marketing Mix – Marketing Plan – Communication Plan – Market Research
- New Marketing: The Empathy Economy – Brand Activation – Shopper Marketing – Relationship Marketing – Experiential Marketing – Digital Marketing – Purpose Marketing
- Sports Marketing: Sponsorship – Strategic Alliances – Brand Activation in Sports
Module 3 – DIGITAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISRUPTION: “Capitalizing on the New Dimensions of the Sports and Entertainment Industry”
- Digital Transformation: Digital Economy - Business Management Models – New Management Skills – Web services applied to Sports Entities – eCommerce
- New Digital Technologies: Cloud - Blockchain – Analytics - Artificial Intelligence - Robotics
- Digital Strategy in Sports: Big Data – Harnessing the Fan
- Competitive Gaming and eSports
Module 4 – MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT: “The Power of On-brand Content”
- The Media: Media Environment – Media Plan – Public Relations – Audiovisual Rights
- Content: The Entertainment Industry – Business Models – Audience – Platforms – Creation – Production – Exploitation in the Digital Age – Distribution – Monetization
Module 5 – MAJOR SPORTS EVENTS: “Planning Optimization for Legacy”
- Sports Governance
- Sport Facilities: Venue Management – Operation – Technology and Security – Sustainability
- Sporting Events: Design – Production – Funding
- Sporting Mega-events: Sites and Hosting – Strategic Planning – Organization – Globalization – Urban Planning and City Marketing – Economic Impact – Long-term Legacy
Module 6 – INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP: “Inspired and Inspiring Leadership”
- Innovation: Innovation in Times of Transformation – Innovation in the Sports and Entertainment Industries – Generation of Ideas – Building Innovation Systems – Innovation Hubs
- Project Management: Methodologies – Tools – Complexity Mapping – Convergence Plan – Organizational Design – Business Plan – Risk Management – Monitoring and Controlling
360º Case Studies
In-house case studies about LaLiga and its 42 Teams:
1. LaLiga as a leading entity of transformation in the Football Industry.
2. The 42 LaLiga teams (42 contexts, territories and models, differentiated and complementary).
Collaboration with other organisations closely related to the sports and entertainment sector, with the objective of integrating external case studies with football.
LaLiga Inmersive Experience
Our students will enjoy a unique experience by gaining first-hand knowledge from LaLiga and its Clubs/ Public Limited Sports Companies. Visits to the Football Clubs of LaLiga where Clubs/Public Limited Sports Companies’ professionals will share their know-how with our students are included with the programme.
In the course of the Master’s programme, our students will solve real cases related to the activities developed by LaLiga and/or its Clubs/ Public Limited Sports Companies’ activities.
Our students will have the opportunity to count on academic staff composed of professionals of sports industry and employees of LaLiga with a great experience and teaching skills, moreover they will have access to exclusive contents of LaLiga.
The Master’s programme is designed, coordinated and directed by the LaLiga professionals.
USA: NEW YORK – MIAMI (10 days)
Immersion trip into the US Sports and Entertainment Industry
QATAR : DOHA (6 days)
Immersion trip into the 2022 World Cup Venue
SPAIN: BARCELONA - VALENCIA – BALEARIC ISLANDS (8 days)
Immersion into the New Trends of Sports Industry